• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Grobe

ChrisPaul3

Reaction score
He should have left when he had the chance. He did not screw anyone over. If anything, he fucked it up by staying too long. The same people who would have cursed him if he went to Arkansas 2 years ago are killing him for what he has done with what he put together with fucking bubble gum the last few years. Go wherever you want you want, Grobe, if it means even a little more respect.

He made the right call though. If he went to Arkansas there is no way in hell he would still be in that position. Instead he gets to revel in our low expectations, never change a fucking thing and collect a nice healthy paycheck.

Can you imagine if Grobe pulled that end of game crap at an SEC school not named Vandy? His house would have been burned to the ground before the team bus left the Carrier Dome.

He makes just as much money at Wake as he would at Arkansas. He was one of the top 5 highest paid coaches in the country after the early 2007 extension. That whole deal was all about the assistants.

He is overpaid.

If you've got reason to trust your defense, or you're operating from very, very deep in your own territory then maybe it makes sense to let the clock run out instead of trying to get into fg range.

But our D was reeling and tired. Should've tried to get to fg range at the end of the fourth.

He makes just as much money at Wake as he would at Arkansas. He was one of the top 5 highest paid coaches in the country after the early 2007 extension. That whole deal was all about the assistants.

He is overpaid.

He's overpaid because he should have left. I agree if your point is he would have been exposed at a bigger school. I do not agree many coaches could have done a better job at Wake.

He's overpaid because he should have left. I agree if your point is he would have been exposed at a bigger school. I do not agree many coaches could have done a better job at Wake.

I think there are coaches out there that could do a better job at Wake. Whether or not they would be willing to come to Wake is a different question (and the issue wouldn't be the money).

I think there are coaches out there that could do a better job at Wake. Whether or not they would be willing to come to Wake is a different question (and the issue wouldn't be the money).

The basketball job is significantly more attractive than the football job, and look who we ended up with.

The basketball job is significantly more attractive than the football job, and look who we ended up with.

That's on the athletic director, not on the attractiveness of the program. Ron Wellman completely bobbled that transition (and I think few would disagree, not even sunshiners).

And, that's pretty much my point. There are coaches would could do better than Grobe, but they would never come to Wake except, maybe, as a stepping stone (and that seems unlikely given that it seems these days the rising stars tend to stay on as coordinators until they are offered a big time head coaching job).

grobe got job security for himself and the assistance in the Arkansas fiasco. (BTW - that still pisses me off. Really. You love Wake Forest, the family atmosphere and the Wake Forest culutre, but you are leaving for Arkansas. You would have to try hard to find 2 schools more different than Wake and Ark. I could understand PSU, ND, Mich, Stanford, etc, but SEC slimeball Ark? Can you even imagine Grobe doing a loud ass sooooouuuuuieee PIG!)

Ever since then, the staff are like a CEO with a fat employment contract, a professor with tenure, a goverment employee or a hourly worker that got hired into a strong union shop - they have tons of job security and have become more and more complacent.

It is time for RW to rattle some cages and start talking about the 'future of the program' to create some uncomfortable situations for Grobe and Co.

Back