• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#GrobeOUT

Grobe has this team playing great ball. This is not the garbage we saw at the start of the season. Of course if we had been playing like this all along we'd have two more wins. Tough loss!

Was the big sack the play where Josh whiffed on the block? Hard to blame the coaches for that. He's a good blocker put in position to make a play and just didn't. It happens.

Has anybody tweeted any facts to Vitale?

Grobe has this team playing great ball. This is not the garbage we saw at the start of the season. Of course if we had been playing like this all along we'd have two more wins. Tough loss!

Our offense was great for about a total of 8 plays. The truth is that Miami played like hot garbage and basically handed us a W, and Grobe and company threw it away. Because this coaching staff is a bunch of fucking bitches.

We're playing so much better, but the way the coaches ran the offense earlier in the year was criminal. It was pretty much the equivalent of the Broncos running the option with Peyton. No, Tanner is not Peyton, but you get the idea.

And the question is, then, do we weigh the past three games more than the past three years. In a larger sample size, the first four games, rather than the last three, have been the rule...

For the record, I loved what I saw today, but our lack of ACC-caliber bodies and embarrassingly undeveloped WR-corps are definitely on our staff. So, too, was our apparent comfort with a 14-10 lead, based on our offensive play calling in the early second half. We really shined when we took risks, and really stagnated when we didn't.

We should be competing like we did today in every single game, no ifs ands or buts, so I'm still not sure we have closed the book on the #GrobeOut conversation.

Our offensive scheme was a joke to start the season. We should be 6-2. Oline splits made a huge difference. Our offense is MUCH better now. We have improved substantially. These things aren't mutually exclusive.

All this "improvement" is illusory - we are not improved, we just fixed the horrific disorganization and lack of preparation that were manifest during the first three games. I guess you can call that improvement.

I felt nothing after the loss - it was obvious we would lose, as we have lost nearly every close game under Grobe. He is constitutionally incapable of putting a foot on the opponent's throat and going in for the kill.

We will always be .500 under this staff, with a chronic inability to close the deal in key games. Wake me when there's a change in leadership.

Tanner should have thrown the ball away on the second and 10 play from the Miami 29 in the fourth quarter. He had one if those against Maryland too . He's a senior and should know better that to take a big sack down near the red zone

Was the big sack the play where Josh whiffed on the block? Hard to blame the coaches for that. He's a good blocker put in position to make a play and just didn't. It happens.

I think Chase whiffed on the block - in fact he never saw the guy run right buy him. Game changing play.

Has anybody tweeted any facts to Vitale?

@DickieV Does anyone in college football get more out of his kids than Coach Grobe Wake Forest? Lost tough one to Miami

@TaylorMade_AT why do we have 4 wins?

@baxmcguirt because no one gets less from his coaches

great thread. I would read this again today.

A good coach would have had us bowl eligible last week.

If Grobe hadn't dictated the option offense, we would be talking ACC championship, not bowl eligibility.

Uh...dude?

supposedly we have the worst recruitng class year in and year out, so that we go .500 in conference is getting a lot out of the players. sort of inarguable if you accept the general validity of recruiting rankings.

that we have the worst recruiting class is somewhat on grobe, but looking at how other coaches faired he isn't doing a bad job per se despite being last.

the experimental offense was garbage, that's on grobe. lobo is on grobe. players not playing with intensity, on grobe. not trying to at least get a FG going into the half last sat is on grobe. the team appears to be playing at capacity now though. that's also on grobe.

also just to point out, having used the same play calls all year that we used for the last three games does not automatically equal two more wins on the record and to think that way is seriously some child logic. i think there is a good chance we could have two more wins, but just to take that as a given is not thinking it through.

i'm very conflicted about grobe. after thinking about it for the last month though, i realize it's going to be hard to get rid of him. so i just hope he gets us to a bowl again this year and i'll be happy for all involved.

supposedly we have the worst recruitng class year in and year out, so that we go .500 in conference is getting a lot out of the players. sort of inarguable if you accept the general validity of recruiting rankings.

that we have the worst recruiting class is somewhat on grobe, but looking at how other coaches faired he isn't doing a bad job per se despite being last.

the experimental offense was garbage, that's on grobe. lobo is on grobe. players not playing with intensity, on grobe. not trying to at least get a FG going into the half last sat is on grobe. the team appears to be playing at capacity now though. that's also on grobe.

also just to point out, having used the same play calls all year that we used for the last three games does not automatically equal two more wins on the record and to think that way is seriously some child logic. i think there is a good chance we could have two more wins, but just to take that as a given is not thinking it through.

i'm very conflicted about grobe. after thinking about it for the last month though, i realize it's going to be hard to get rid of him. so i just hope he gets us to a bowl again this year and i'll be happy for all involved.

Pretty good post. Don't disagree with you at all.

Grobe's not going to be the coach at some point. I'm concerned how it's going to happen. He may enter next year as the only coach coming off 5 straight losing seasons. Right now, the 2014 class is his lowest rated recruiting class at Wake at #87 after our previous lows in the 60s. Is the uncertainty playing a role?

I think we would of won at BC and vs ULM. The D was on the field for 104 plays vs ULM. A couple of sustained drives would have helped our defense. At BC, a fade to Camp, instead of a dive play up the middle before the half would have changed that game. Our defense plays best when it's sitting on the bench. Grobe must face the seniors, and take blame, if we don't go bowling.

I think we would of won at BC and vs ULM. The D was on the field for 104 plays vs ULM. A couple of sustained drives would have helped our defense. At BC, a fade to Camp, instead of a dive play up the middle before the half would have changed that game. Our defense plays best when it's sitting on the bench. Grobe must face the seniors, and take blame, if we don't go bowling.

Brasky'd

The BC game was a toss up still IMO. Wake clearly beats ULM with the current offense. We lost by two points running a terrible offense with no identity and ULM ran 108 plays.

Back