• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

GT Pulls a Wake

not sure who pulled a what but the gt fans sure have been bzzdeliked.

Nobody cares right now - GT fans are just happy Hewitt is gone, and with the weird home court situation nobody is going to games anyways.

The reality is that he Gailey and Hewitt buyouts meant that GT didn't have much money to spend on a coach and got a middle of the road guy who was willing to work for cheap. GT basketball is going to be pretty "meh" for several years.

What did GT fans think of Chan's masterclass against the Hoodie in week 3 this season?

Nobody cares right now - GT fans are just happy Hewitt is gone, and with the weird home court situation nobody is going to games anyways.

The reality is that he Gailey and Hewitt buyouts meant that GT didn't have much money to spend on a coach and got a middle of the road guy who was willing to work for cheap. GT basketball is going to be pretty "meh" for several years.

I agree with all of this...how did you guys get Carter? Just the hometown factor?

33dguoy.jpg
:eek:

I think they might give us a game if we're ever without CJ again. :D

I agree with all of this...how did you guys get Carter? Just the hometown factor?

GT will always recruit well in basketball, just because of Atlanta. I'm pretty sure I could land a top 25 class as GT's head coach and I'm a dorky nerd who knows nothing about hoops.

Scoring 38 against UVA is like scoring 50-55 against State to be honest. They play a considerably slower paced game than State and have a far better defense.

Scoring 38 against UVA is like scoring 50-55 against State to be honest. They play a considerably slower paced game than State and have a far better defense.

A slower paced game surely makes a difference, but with tempo so low (and thus fewer possessions) it's mind boggling that GaTech lost by as much as they did. A slow game makes their lack of points slightly more excusable, but it exacerbates the already large margin of defeat.

A slower paced game surely makes a difference, but with tempo so low (and thus fewer possessions) it's mind boggling that GaTech lost by as much as they did. A slow game makes their lack of points slightly more excusable, but it exacerbates the already large margin of defeat.

Agreed. Also I checked the efficiency and Wake got a 59 against State while Tech got a 64 last night. Not a huge difference

Back