• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Guess the date/time of Manning’s firing/resignation

Based on Wellman's crowing that he is in charge and will do year end reviews, might be May 1. I have never seen such Turkey strutting in my life. Just go Ron it is over

The longer the silence continues, the more apathy creeps in. As apathy increases it will take an exciting hire to overcome the rising feelings of saying fuck it, if it dies it dies.

Is there any reason not to have already done so? Is it beneficial to have a replacement lined up? Can't really see why that would be the case.

Probably won't announce until after the ACCT ends, if it happens at all. I doubt it happens this week. At the earliest, it will be next Monday.

I'm encouraged by Wellman's comments yesterday. "We will do a year-end review like always. You guys know this" is not exactly a vote of confidence for Manning.

Which again shows how little Wellman understands the world. If Danny is fired from Monday-Thursday, it will be a much bigger story than if it happened in the next seventy-two hours. There won't be many "big" stories early next week. So, Danny's dismissal will get a lot more play than during conference championship and NCAA draw week.

This ain't rocket science.

It is not a big story either way. We suck and are irrelevant. Manning sucks and has made himself irrelevant. If by big story you mean on the ESPN ticker for a few hours then sure, but beyond that nobody gives a shit. Coaches get fired all the time, and this one is barely a blip on the radar.

It is not a big story either way. We suck and are irrelevant. Manning sucks and has made himself irrelevant. If by big story you mean on the ESPN ticker for a few hours then sure, but beyond that nobody gives a shit. Coaches get fired all the time, and this one is barely a blip on the radar.

Yup. I doubt the media would even spin it to sound pro-Manning. Probably would just say he had his chance and didn't do well enough to stay. Would imagine ESPN would get more into hyping up the potential replacement candidates because that usually gets more ratings.

Yup. I doubt the media would even spin it to sound pro-Manning. Probably would just say he had his chance and didn't do well enough to stay. Would imagine ESPN would get more into hyping up the potential replacement candidates because that usually gets more ratings.

yeah people are really clamoring to learn about the UNC Greensboro coach

Manning is an imbecile. Please set us free.....please Lord....

What kind of year end review is necessary? What a bunch of malarkey. Let's see how you did this year Danny...well you lost to a 9 win Houston Baptist at home, lost to Garnder Webb at home, lost to a horrid Richmond team on the road, then you had the worst home loss ever in the history of Wake Forest. Let's see what else happened...well you lost 20 games for the 3 time in 5 years and in the other two you lost 19 and 14. You did have one ACC road win, though.

Which again shows how little Wellman understands the world. If Danny is fired from Monday-Thursday, it will be a much bigger story than if it happened in the next seventy-two hours. There won't be many "big" stories early next week. So, Danny's dismissal will get a lot more play than during conference championship and NCAA draw week.

This ain't rocket science.

Selection Sunday is...Sunday. Tournament starts Tuesday.

Huh?

I'm still struggling with the fact that Manning ended up being worse than Bzzz. I didn't think that was possible.

If we are going after a coach who is still coaching would we wait until his team was out of any tournament action?? Just asking. You folks know more about this than I do.

I still think Manning is going to be fired, but I'm officially nervous. Dave Odom was on the David Glenn Show today putting in an endorsement to keep him. The propaganda campaign seems to have begun.

Back