• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Guess the Top Alumni Concern

Kent

JTNB
Reaction score
http://alumni.wfu.edu/2013/05/alumni-engagement-survey-results/

Number 3 was Culture Change.

alumniEngagementInfographic8-copy.png

I would also like to know how many did not reply at all because of the disaster which is WFU athletics or those who answered the survey like me who only made one comment such as: I will not participate in this or any survey until we have a new athletic director and basketball coach. Also, I wonder if the BOT and Hatch have seen these numbers?

As for negative memories, they must have been referring to the Stetson game. After 35 years of support, I have been to
one other game. We were told we would see an immediate improvement in on court performance from game one. Sure hasn't worked out that way. As for culture, we have maybe 13 tall guys on the team. They are easy to spot and we have a zillion assistants and support staff. They should be able to keep up with them as well as Duke, UNC, Vandy Etc..

Does culture change refer specifically to athletics? I could see it meaning the entire school (ie no longer a regional souther school, rich kids, blah blah blah).

Also, only 550+ respondents out of roughly 7000 answered that question? Where's everyone else?

Finally it's really dumb to keep a survey like this open after releasing the results to the public. Have fun with the poll skewing.

So I got the email telling me that alumni found our job opportunities and tuition cost as issues. I am happy with my job and I'm long done paying for tuition. These are not issues to me. What shit. Even with the evidence right there that athletics are a much (like multiple times) more of an issue for alums, they still just ignore the blatantly obvious. I think I'm going to respond to Ms. Meachum with a polite email. Why bother doing the survey if you're only going to look at what you want anyway. I mean seriously, why the fuck do I care about what tuition is now?

IIRC, you got to put whatever you wanted into the concern box. There weren't pre-determined options. So 74 people were basically trolling, which is awesome.

I believe the tuition issues are more related to the rising cost of potentially sending our children to Wake Forest...

Culture change is not specifically on the survey. I am sure what they did was run an analysis that looked for common phrases included in the free response. Probably safe to say that most culture change references were by buzzouters. So good work guys.

I believe the tuition issues are more related to the rising cost of potentially sending our children to Wake Forest...

I thought Wake Forest admissions had already taken care of that problems by not admitting legacies anymore? I thought it was just China & Europe they were focusing on?

Does culture change refer specifically to athletics? I could see it meaning the entire school (ie no longer a regional souther school, rich kids, blah blah blah).

Also, only 550+ respondents out of roughly 7000 answered that question? Where's everyone else?

Finally it's really dumb to keep a survey like this open after releasing the results to the public. Have fun with the poll skewing.

The question for biggest alumni concern is no longer on the survey. I suspect they removed it when athletics started running away with it.

Back