• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Guess the VT attendance

Hondo

Reaction score
Mildly surprised that there were obvious available seats above the student section and above the FSU section for a crowd of 33,116.

With the way Vtech fans travel, I anticipate a sell-out....but what's that amount to in the post Deacon Tower era....34,500 ?....35,000 ?And did I just hear that Wake is still selling seats today ( $50.00 per ) ? You know they're probably gone by now and in the hands of Hokies.

Anyway....34,810 ?

:noidea:

Honestly, I am completely fed up with the students. How can you not fill up a game against FSU that has huge implications for the year. It's downright embarrassing. People just care much more about drinking than they do supporting the athletes at the school. It's stuff like that that really makes me dislike the direction we are going in with today's students.

Also, not sure why there are tickets available at all, sucks because VPI fans will definitely get them.

I'll say 34,750.

Honestly, I am completely fed up with the students. How can you not fill up a game against FSU that has huge implications for the year. It's downright embarrassing. People just care much more about drinking than they do supporting the athletes at the school. It's stuff like that that really makes me dislike the direction we are going in with today's students.

Also, not sure why there are tickets available at all, sucks because VPI fans will definitely get them.

I'll say 34,750.

Compared to other schools with a similar history and success (or just other schools in general), do you really think we have that much higher of a percentage of students who don't attend the games or just chill in the parking lots?

I'll say 34,750.

What did you mean by the bolded line? The no SAT requirements?
<soapbox>
I hate the student turn out as well. Its pathetic. We have a good team, get your butt in the stadium and enjoy some dad gum good football.
</soapbox>

<soapbox>
I hate the student turn out as well. Its pathetic. We have a good team, get your butt in the stadium and enjoy some dad gum good football.
</soapbox>

Haha when I typed that I kinda asked myself the same question. I think I just mean that people are more interested in drinking and partying than enjoying athletics.

People in the past have been able to enjoy both, so why is it recently that we can't do that? It's just really frustrating.

I'll say 34,750.

If this is really the problem than the students are just stupid. I drink bourbon in the stands, every game.

That being said I was actually impressed with the student section. By the start of the 2nd quarter it was mostly filled and the front 20-25 rows for very energetic. You could tell the rest of the stadium, especially our players, we're feeding off their energy.

If this is really the problem than the students are just stupid. I drink bourbon in the stands, every game.

That being said I was actually impressed with the student section. By the start of the 2nd quarter it was mostly filled and the front 20-25 rows for very energetic. You could tell the rest of the stadium, especially our players, we're feeding off their energy.

I agree that the people that were there were plenty loud, I just want more students to be in there. Seems like there are always a ton of people outside on the courts after we do the pre-game show (so with literally 2 minutes to spare before kick-off).

<soapbox>
</soapbox>

Some of my favorite college memories were made after I "stumbled" into the stands. Lots of laughs and good times after the tailgates started to wane.

Never understood why folks would leave the tailgate to return to campus and do what - drink in a circle with your buds?

I wish more students came, but I don't hate them for it. What they do with their time is their own choice. I love football, other people don't. Some people love soccer but it would annoy me if they got pissed at me for not liking it.

I wish more students came, but I don't hate them for it. What they do with their time is their own choice. I love football, other people don't. Some people love soccer but it would annoy me if they got pissed at me for not liking it.

I mean I certainly understand this point, but the post above yours is what my question is. People come to drink, and then go back to campus and do what? Most people at are the game...

There will be way more orange than I want to tolerate. I can't believe there are still tickets available through the ticket office and hundreds available through ticket sites such as stub hub.......Where are all the Deacon Fans?

Attendance as a whole was poor against FSU. The student section was obviously the worst, but there were a lot of empty seats on the other side of the stadium as well.

I didn't see many empty seats on the home side.

There will be way more orange than I want to tolerate. I can't believe there are still tickets available through the ticket office and hundreds available through ticket sites such as stub hub.......Where are all the Deacon Fans?

Wake depends upon many fans, who have little or no association to the school, to help fill BB&T. I'm afraid this God-awful economy has not helped in that regard.

You weren't looking very hard then.

Back