• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Gun Law

In a serious vein... the last I heard the Constitution protected the right to have firearms. While it may be dangerous for fools like me and the former vice-president (not to mention all the sick wackos out there) to have and shoot guns, no "gun law" is supposed to change the Constitution saying I can.

Our wonderful government spent five years, and God knows how much of our tax money, trying to indict and convict me for a crime I never committed. While the gun thing is not a priority with me, there are many things in the Constitution that do matter a great deal to me. I don't want any laws or any courts to be able to screw with the Constitution on those things, so I don't think I can afford for them to be screwing with it on other things, including by any gun laws.

So, here's the thing: technology changes. If our forebears could see what guns look like today, they'd be horrified, I'd guess, that common citizens want to carry them around.

So, here's the thing: technology changes. If our forebears could see what guns look like today, they'd be horrified, I'd guess, that common citizens want to carry them around.

Our founders wanted people to be able to bear arms to protect themselves from tyranny. They certainly would not have wanted the government to be able to have modern firearms without the common citizen being able to do the same thing.

Back