• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Guns n Roses

Was the McCreary video board used, and if so a live feed of the stage and/or other stuff?

No it wasn't. We wondered why not, because the angle of the stage to the main seating area significantly limited the sight lines. The sight lines that work for a three dimensional football play don't work for a 75 foot video display on the goal line.

Overall, the venue was great. They needed more lines for concessions and a better parking plan (If you'd like to make a comment about not being used to 40,000 people, this would be the place...). Other than that, I thought everything about it was top notch. I know they made some coin so I suspect they'll be able to build off of this one.

Maybe the band didn't want to look into an enormous video board of themselves all night.

No it wasn't. We wondered why not, because the angle of the stage to the main seating area significantly limited the sight lines. The sight lines that work for a three dimensional football play don't work for a 75 foot video display on the goal line.

Overall, the venue was great. They needed more lines for concessions and a better parking plan (If you'd like to make a comment about not being used to 40,000 people, this would be the place...). Other than that, I thought everything about it was top notch. I know they made some coin so I suspect they'll be able to build off of this one.

I assume this was the largest crowd ever for an event at Groves/BB&T. Anybody know what #2 is? Biggest crowds I recall were vs. Auburn in '79 and a year or two later vs. South Carolina.

People on this board will always find something to complain about. Next time try adjusting your expectations (logistics, parking, concessions, etc.) when W-S and WFU step up for the biggest entertainment event this city has ever seen.

People on this board will always find something to complain about. Next time try adjusting your expectations (logistics, parking, concessions, etc.) when W-S and WFU step up for the biggest entertainment event this city has ever seen.

Then W-S and WFU should adjust their pricing if we are to expect that they can't handle it. Don't charge $20 to park if you have no idea how to competently manage parking. I can pay $10 to park for a Panthers game with twice as many people in an actual urban environment and get out of a parking deck significantly faster than when I was parked literally 10 feet from the major street. If it is going to be treated like a free for all and we are to expect as such, then it should be free for all.

I don't read the boards like I did in the past, but it's good to see some of you still bitch about everything.

Deacon Boulevard is always going busy - GnR, football, basketball, whatever - it runs right between the two major parking lots. How did you not know this? We spent literally 0 minutes waiting to park, enter the stadium, and exit parking at the end of the night. You pulled an amateur hour move by exiting onto Deacon Boulevard.

I'm not talking about Deacon Blvd, I'm talking about University. They had everyone coming out of the Joel forced to turn right on University and back towards Deacon Blvd, which you admit is going be busy at that time. And with no control over the light.
It brought the congestion together instead of spreading it out, it was completely nonsensical.

I'm not talking about Deacon Blvd, I'm talking about University. They had everyone coming out of the Joel forced to turn right on University and back towards Deacon Blvd, which you admit is going be busy at that time. And with no control over the light.
It brought the congestion together instead of spreading it out, it was completely nonsensical.

Leaving LJVM onto University? Isn't there a median on University so you have to turn right?

Jesus Christ dude, have you ever been to an actual major event? Yes, there is a median, so you put two cops standing in the road (instead of leaning against a tree) sending the traffic the "wrong" way on University to the next intersection where they cross back over around the median to the normal lane of travel. It is at 11:30pm on a Friday, not rush hour Monday morning, it isn't a big deal. The objective is to move as much traffic as possible away from the event so that it can thin out. Major event traffic control 101.

You seem prone to anger. Perhaps that's the issue.

You seem prone to anger. Perhaps that's the issue.

LOL.

The concert sounds amazing. I'm glad MSD pulled it off.

Another positive- Yuge crowd at Groves Stadium with no possibility of seeing the Deacs get their ass kicked

Back