• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hanging Rock Cabins?

WakeBDer

Broderick Hicks
Reaction score
Could you some help here:
Looking to rent a cabin for Saturday and Sunday night. We were looking at the cabins in Hanging Rock State Park as the number one choice but I can't get up there until late (10ish) and the park closes at 6. The site says that there is no coming/going from the park after it closes so I would have to join on Saturday which the group doesn't want.

There are certainly some VBRO options in the area but they are a bit more than the group wants to spend.

A few questions -
If I drove up to Hanging Rock on Friday night, could I just leave my car on the side of the road and have someone come to the gate and pick me up? I could move my car into the park on Saturday morning but I would be nervous about leaving it overnight just outside the park on the shoulder.

Anyone have any other suggestions for places with an hour or so of Winston with cheap-ish cabins? We certainly don't need the Taj Mahal.

Thanks for your help.

Look at Dan Nicholas in Salisbury. They. Have a similar setup but I think they let you come in after the gate closes.

go to hungry mother!!

as for your particular situation, i'm not sure what i'd do. probably leave it parked outside as long as you know someone can actually soberly come get you on friday night... and i'd leave it unlocked. this might sound dumb, but make sure it's empty of valuables and then if someone were to mess with it, they'd hopefully not break your windows. *shrug*

Back