• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Has anyone been on Jeopardy?

Reaction score
or made it to the in person interview? I just got an email today letting me know I made it to that stage and was wondering if anyone had any advice on what to expect

One of my buddies was on the show. I can hook you up with his info if you want.

chrispy's wife is a 3 day champion.

congrats on making it to the interview stage. i took the online test last year and never heard back. getting on the show is my biggest dream.

congrats on making it to the interview stage. i took the online test last year and never heard back. getting on the show is my biggest dream.

Thanks. I took the test last year as well and didn't hear back. Thankfully the online test I took this year was heavy on history and geography which helped out. Only wish they had interview in Atlanta or Charlotte. The closest location is in Lexington, KY.

I made it to the Teen Jeopardy mock competition level, the buzzer screwed me over.

I took an in-person test in an Atlanta audition week in May 2001, got the magic call in October 2001, filmed a show at the end of October, and my show aired in January 2002. No, I did not win. It was the last year when they awarded prizes instead of cash to 2nd & 3rd places, and Yahoo! Travel was the sponsor, so I won a trip for 2 to Palm Desert, California, with a week's stay at a Marriott resort & including airfare from Atlanta.

I'm assuming the in-person interview today is similar to what they did with the folks at my test who scored 35 or above on the 50 question test. 13 of us out of the 75 in my test session were told we had scored high enough & were asked to stay afterwards. They took head shots of us & had us play a mock round of Jeopardy - so they could see if you have a personality & such. We were also told to come to the test dressed in what we might wear on the show. Keeping that in mind, I wore an aqua blue tank with coordinating blouse & dark slacks - bright solid colors look good on most folks & you won't look washed out in your picture. At the end, we were told our names were in their "book" for the next 12 months, meaning we were eligible to be called out to tape a show at any time during those 12 months. We were also not guaranteed to receive said call.

I was one of the lucky ones, and was able to fulfill a dream I'd had since I was 8 years old when I used to watch Jeopardy with my grandfather & told him I would be a contestant someday. :)

Back