• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Has Coach Forbes or AD Currie Released A Statement Yet?

MrBojangles

Reaction score
Would hope that one of Coach Forbes or Currie would release some kind of statement about how screwed up this has gotten, and how screwed over we have been for the last 2 years.

Damn the consequences, there is no reason that Colorado, Florida, or Washington State should have been in the NIT this year over the Deacs.

Unless someone calls out the system, it doesn't get fixed. Would seem like the head-to-head results would count a little bit more than whether or not the teams that were on your schedule ended up sucking or not.

Complete and utter bullshit. Sick of computer-analyzed statistical bullshit. As any numbers guy could tell you, we can make the numbers say whatever we want the numbers to say.

The ACC is getting hosed ... again. You would think that they would one day learn their lesson about how awful the Big 10 repeatedly does in the tournaments, but they never seem to learn.

Would hope that one of Coach Forbes or Currie would release some kind of statement about how screwed up this has gotten, and how screwed over we have been for the last 2 years.

Damn the consequences, there is no reason that Colorado, Florida, or Washington State should have been in the NIT this year over the Deacs.

Unless someone calls out the system, it doesn't get fixed. Would seem like the head-to-head results would count a little bit more than whether or not the teams that were on your schedule ended up sucking or not.

Complete and utter bullshit. Sick of computer-analyzed statistical bullshit. As any numbers guy could tell you, we can make the numbers say whatever we want the numbers to say.

The ACC is getting hosed ... again. You would think that they would one day learn their lesson about how awful the Big 10 repeatedly does in the tournaments, but they never seem to learn.
Maybe they ought to check KenPom and BartTorvik to see where we actually rate nationally before they make foolish statements that we should be in the NIT when we are sitting around 88-90. We have about 36 teams in KP not taken who are ranked ahead of us not counting any of those regular season champs that automatically get to go.

We lose to the likes of Loyola Marymount & LSU, we need to take the consequences.

Maybe they ought to check KenPom and BartTorvik to see where we actually rate nationally before they make foolish statements that we should be in the NIT when we are sitting around 88-90. We have about 36 teams in KP not taken who are ranked ahead of us not counting any of those regular season champs that automatically get to go.

We lose to the likes of Loyola Marymount & LSU, we need to take the consequences.

Did gonzaga lose to lmu?! Hmmmm....

To hell with pompom and bartsimpson!

Did we really only have one win against teams in the NCAA field this year?

The powerhouses (UNC, Duke) being down is a part of it, SEC and Big 10 bringing in about twice as much revenue as ACC is another part.

I have zero proof of this but maybe other conferences / schools are recognizing the metrics that the tourney committee values and aggressively try to boost them, similar to how schools boost their USNWR rankings. Florida seems to be doing this very well, they got an NIT bid over us and they are ranked ahead of us in USNWR. That’s the info Currie / Wente need to hear.

Last edited:
Ouch. Just Duke?

By comparison, the women’s team has four wins over the field.

Where is the call for change amongst ourselves.

We play in the worst facility in college basketball and give our NIL hoops pool almost nothing. The fault remains squarely with us. We lose because we choose to continue to make horrific decisoons

You can’t suck for 7 coaches and 3 ADs and blame them. The fault is our own.

I’m feeling zero outrage regarding the NIT. They clearly used the NET rankings…it is what it is. If we care about going to the NIT (of course we really don’t - the prize is the NCAA) then we know how they pick the teams.

I’m curious to read Brownell’s comments regarding being the 4th team out, at least 8 spots behind State and behind UNC.

Where is the call for change amongst ourselves.

We play in the worst facility in college basketball and give our NIL hoops pool almost nothing. The fault remains squarely with us. We lose because we choose to continue to make horrific decisoons

You can’t suck for 7 coaches and 3 ADs and blame them. The fault is our own.
Li'l donnie 5k complaining about a lack of nil money.

I’m feeling zero outrage regarding the NIT. They clearly used the NET rankings…it is what it is. If we care about going to the NIT (of course we really don’t - the prize is the NCAA) then we know how they pick the teams.

I’m curious to read Brownell’s comments regarding being the 4th team out, at least 8 spots behind State and behind UNC.
Clemson fans seem to be a mix of ‘fire Brownell’ ‘we got screwed’ or ‘who cares’. They got screwed IMO.

I hope when Forbes gets to talk to the media he lets these committees have it!

Just to echo someone’s thoughts from another thread, it’s hard to wrap my head around how much of a disaster the 20-game conference schedule has been. Everyone locks in a few bad losses and then we all bounce around like pinballs in a pinball machine with no way to break the glass ceiling from our OOC losses.

Yeah that's bad. I guess if Clemson had gotten in that would have been two but still not great.

We did get screwed out of the NIT but I am not sure I like the optics of an official statement going off about it.
Yea I agree—seems like a not-so-great example of the Streisand Effect. Just let it go, honestly no one cares about the NIT anyway.

Back