• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Has Desmond Clark or Calvin Pace ever "Opened the Gate"

liveanddiedeac

Reaction score
If not, why the heck was freaking Hatch "Opening the Gate" Saturday instead of one of them? Of course it's fitting that a guy that bares some blame for our major sports being in the tank open the gate for a game that we took stink to a new level.

Well Calvin is usually busy on football weekends

I should've added that the reason I mention those 2 specifically is that both were at the game Saturday to be inducted into the WF sports Hall of Fame.

Tag "lock our players out" LOL!!!!

Both have.

I knew Bill Haas had and I think Dave Bush had also, they were both inducted Saturday too. I just wish we'd have come up with somebody other than Hatch, I think I could see him looking at his watch counting down the time until the FSU-Notre Dame kickoff as he was riding out on the motorcycle.

it would have been poor form to pick one of the HOF inductees over another to open the gate IMO. That guy who won the Gene Hooks Award could have been neat, and definitely better than Natty O

Would love to hear his "bio introduction" prior to Opening gate...

"Coach [Redacted] ranks number 1 among Wake Forest basketball coaches in embarrassing loses to lower tier competition, with loses to Stetson, Presbyterian, UNC-Wilmington, and Bill and Mary to name a few. Today, Wake Forest welcomes back former coach of the men's hoops team, Jeff [Redacted]!!!!"

Back