• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Has the dumbass #Bzzwait movement been struck a fatal blow?

What's less funny than a bad parody after a crappy loss?

A bad parody with a bad mastery of college basketball history.

I don't want to be a Mr. Spellchecker but it's spelled "parity." You're right though, there's isn't much parity in college basketball. Duke, UNC, NCSU and GT will dominate basketball while FSU, Miami, VT, Clemson and UVA dominate football. Wake isn't part of either group but that's okay. Our kids stay out of trouble and play hard!

No! It can't be. I just saw them smiling on Tuesday!

BQiSGb7.jpg

Come on VT... Thats a picture of the day Wellman hired bzzz

You can't overstate the importance of the win on Tuesday. That win was HUGE for the program. We're still right in the middle of the ACC standings and will likely go on a nice winning streak after Duke. The progress that [Redacted] has made is remarkable. Those who cite his record don't understand basketball. Winning isn't everything. We do things the right way and have played a lot of close games. We won the second half today after GT got extremely lucky in the first. If it weren't for the first half, we win in a hostile environment against a good GT team.

Are you kidding? Ok all you Buzz lovers here is the deal. While there has been improvement this year, games like today are totally inexcusable. If you can't see that the first half effort, strategy, substitutions, lack of adjustment, defense as a whole is clearly on the coach then you are as blind and dumb as the buzz outers who can't admit this team is an improvement. I had virtually no expectation of winning this game but I cannot accept being completely non competitive against a team that was last in everything in the conference. Allowing 62% shooting in the first half with wide open shot after wide open shot and easy drives to the glass for layups is just awful coaching and effort. They were not ready to play this game and that is all his responsibility. If he can't figure it out the State win could be a major problem.

Are you kidding? Ok all you Buzz lovers here is the deal. While there has been improvement this year, games like today are totally inexcusable. If you can't see that the first half effort, strategy, substitutions, lack of adjustment, defense as a whole is clearly on the coach then you are as blind and dumb as the buzz outers who can't admit this team is an improvement. I had virtually no expectation of winning this game but I cannot accept being completely non competitive against a team that was last in everything in the conference. Allowing 62% shooting in the first half with wide open shot after wide open shot and easy drives to the glass for layups is just awful coaching and effort. They were not ready to play this game and that is all his responsibility. If he can't figure it out the State win could be a major problem.

+1

You're being trolled, but i'll add to what you're saying in that I won't think we've truly "improved" until we aren't getting embarrassed by bad teams. Whether we get to that point via an influx of talent, or extreme effort and discipline, I don't give a shit. As of right now we're just a young shit team that plays up to potential randomly.

Last edited:
I'd take 61-31 and work on the post-season issues in a New York minute.

Doofus was just deflecting. My argument has always been that Dino didn't deserve to be fired when he was, that's it. I never (that I can recall) ever stated that I wanted Dino to be our coach now. In the grand scheme of things, Dino's coaching abilities and results were perfectly in line with Wake's historical level of success.

Winning isn't everything, its the only thing.
-Vince Lombardi

Great quote. Probably the 2nd best I've heard regarding sports.

"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."
- Bill Shankly, Liverpool Football Club Manager. Legend.

The answer to the thread title is no; unfortunately the #Bzzwait (and Bzz-in) movement continues on.

I have a difficult time believing that these followers truly believe in this Bzz nonsense they espouse. Do they do this in their personal and professional lives? Can't we get a film crew to follow them around? "On tonight's episode, Ron recommends that his family fire their long-time financial advisor and replace him with a chimpanzee. Hilarity ensues. Tune in to next week's episode, We Tried To Warn Them, when Jeff responds to the board of directors regarding his record-low sales figures."

You're being trolled, but i'll add to what you're saying in that I won't think we've truly "improved" until we aren't getting embarrassed by bad teams. Whether we get to that point via an influx of talent, or extreme effort and discipline, I don't give a shit. As of right now we're just a young shit team that plays up to potential randomly.

Question is who's responsibility is it for us to reach our potential more than randomly and COMPETE regularly. It is the Coach that's who! Plain and simple and this guy can't do it. Buzz wait makes no sense.

Back