• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hashtag Poll

What hashtag do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thedeacfan

Ricky Peral
Reaction score
This needs to be settled so we can "set it" as our official hashtag and by default our "brand".

The poll is open for 2 days...

The "#" will of course preceed each...

If "BzzzOut!" wins, then I will create another poll to decide how many zzz's there will be. ;)

Last edited:
Why the extra Z's? Why not just #BzOut or #BzzOut if you need to make the zzzz sound apparent. No need for 3 z's though. Shorter the better in Twitter world where you're limited to 140 characters.

#BuzzOut would be better suited for opposing the change from the Bobcats to Hornets.

You can chant "BUZZ! OUT!" at games. You can't really do that with "Bz" or "Bzz." At least it's not as easy.

You can chant "BUZZ! OUT!" at games. You can't really do that with "Bz" or "Bzz." At least it's not as easy.

Say what? Bz is still pronounced as "buzz". Do you pronounce his name as "Jeff B Z Delick"?

Nobody will have their mind wonder to Georgia Tech of the Charlotte Bobcats when talking about Wake and Buzz. They will know who the topic of discussion is revolving around.

Could we do a #WFBuzzOut for distinction?

You could just do #FireWFUCoachJeffBzdelickRightNow for even more clarity, but the entire point of Twitter is to be brief. #BzOut makes the most sense to me since his name is Bzdelick.

I've usually used #BzOut because that's how his actual name is spelled. However, with the 2 choices presented about #BuzzOut is definitely better. Hard to get a consistent number of z's the other way.

This is all fascinating stuff. We can't disagree about the direction of our team so we have to argue over something I guess.

I don't want any sore losers out there. stick with the winner. No breaks in the :circlejerk:

I've usually used #BzOut because that's how his actual name is spelled. However, with the 2 choices presented about #BuzzOut is definitely better. Hard to get a consistent number of z's the other way.

This is all fascinating stuff. We can't disagree about the direction of our team so we have to argue over something I guess.

Although not how it's spelled, #BuzzOUT is the best way to avoid any confusion as to the number if Z's.

Would it be more beneficial for search engine purposes to spell out his name? I doubt a lot of people search for him, and it seems that it would be possible to quickly move up on search terms for him (pushing for this type of campaign).

The real question for me is how this is being spread. The ultimate goal is to get rid of Bzzz. To do that, either he has to quit or someone needs to fire him. For him to be fired, it appears that it will require pressure on Wellman. So, really, the stakeholders and decision makers need to be defined. As long as there is strong recognition of the "Bzzz/Buzz-Out," then either is fine.

Last edited:
#BzzzOut leads to too much variance between #BzOut, #BzzOut, BzzzOut and the emphatic BzzzzzzzzzzzOut with a random amount of z's.

#BuzzOut is simple and effective.

Does capitalization matter? (#BuzzOut vs. #BuzzOUT vs. #buzzout)

Just got an idea...

Every time there's an article posted on the boards pointing out the sorry state of the program (and there have been many lately), someone, anyone, should post a sample tweet with or below the link, containing the link, a brief description, and the hashtags. That way it will be easy for anyone with a Twitter account to copy and paste it to get the hashtag trending. For example, I just tweeted this for the USA Today article:

Now USA Today is reporting on the Wake Forest basketball travesty: http://usat.ly/UgDONl #BuzzOUT #WellmanOUT

Back