• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Have we won our last basketball game this season?

Have we Won our last basketball game this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Agree with Chris. We have improved by subtracting Terrell and Stewart, and there are teams in the ACC that are just as bad as we are (if not worse). I think we'll perhaps even double or triple last season's ACC win total!

I'm not convinced we're better, but I do think the ACC as a whole is worse.

and where does wofford rank?

hey dwarves, you got that info handy?

help a brutha out

If we play the entire conference season without CJ Harris, then we might not win a game.

Not too quick on the uptake, are you there?

and to the friend who gave the neg. rep. for the poll, anyone who witnessed last night's game had to have that question lurking in their minds. when we cannot out rebound Wofford even with 2 seven footers on the floor at the same time...

Do we play BC at home? If we lose that game we should just shut the program down.

People are so freaking reactionary, and that's coming from me.

If you really think that we won't win another game this year then I've got a damn bridge to sell you, and I hope it is used.

KenPom has us at a .3% chance to go winless in the ACC. Get real people.

No but as most expect, we will not see many more. Just want to see a team that competes hard and is not blown out consistently. Doing that will be one of many things Bzz has to do to gain my confidence.

This is absurd.

If we don't take 5 of 7 from BC/Clemson/GT/@UMD, I'll be really surprised. And we have a winnable game on Saturday vs VT. This thread is about as reactionary as it gets. People have clearly not been watching what's been happening in this ACC. Look at the bad losses that BC, Clemson, GT, Maryland, and FSU have had at home this year, and tell me that they're worse than a loss to Wofford without our best player. You'd be unbelievably wrong. We're going to get some ACC wins.

This is absurd.

If we don't take 5 of 7 from BC/Clemson/GT/@UMD, I'll be really surprised. And we have a winnable game on Saturday vs VT. This thread is about as reactionary as it gets. People have clearly not been watching what's been happening in this ACC. Look at the bad losses that BC, Clemson, GT, Maryland, and FSU have had at home this year, and tell me that they're worse than a loss to Wofford without our best player. You'd be unbelievably wrong. We're going to get some ACC wins.

That's a lot of games. That means winning 2 conference road games.

" BC is rated 100 places lower than we are in kenpom and we play them twice."

How many points does this Ken Pom average per game?

That's a lot of games. That means winning 2 conference road games.

Doing that would double the number of road conference wins Mr. [Redacted] has had the previous 4 years of coaching.

People are so freaking reactionary, and that's coming from me.

If you really think that we won't win another game this year then I've got a damn bridge to sell you, and I hope it is used.

KenPom has us at a .3% chance to go winless in the ACC. Get real people.

The ACC is dreadful.....and there was a time when the conference was absolutely awesome.

During the period from 1980-86, seven of the eight teams in the conference made at least one Elite Eight (and the one that didn't, Maryland, made three Sweet Sixteens)....and four different ACC schools made the Final Four during that time. That was power from the top to the bottom in a conference....the ACC wasn't just Duke, UNC & the Six Dwarfs.

During that time, one had to contribute multiple thousands of dollars to the conference schools' booster clubs just for the right to be able to purchase expensive ACC Tournament tickets. Last year, five of us went to the WF/BC game and bought side-court "walk-up" tickets for $10....and probably could've gotten them even cheaper than that with a little effort. The ACC is just two shades of blue now. Basketball in the rest of the conference sucks big time.

I remember when the ACCT was a huge deal. Sell out every year and my psents had to give money to be able to buy the $225 ticket packs. Now no one cares. I miss those days.

Back