• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Have you ever contacted your rep or senators to make your point known on an issue

Yes or No

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Unfortunately it would be a wasted exercise for me. And the other 700,000 people in DC without voting representatives.

Yes, wrote and called Burr and Tillis on DeVos. Got a canned email response from Burr within a day or so I believe and an email back from Tillis a week or so later after he voted reassuring me of his confidence in her.

your Congressman cares about your vote and your financial contributions, not your views (he has polls that are much more useful)

No, they don't use polls...they have predetermine views and they never changed them, unless the party bosses tell them to or the party nominates someone that they used to disagree with and then they change their minds.

I've contacted my reps dozens of time, usually about conservation issues, like drilling the ANWR or the endangered species act. Always get a form letter response that ignores my points and tells me what they think.

Yes, Frequently at both levels

Federally, a lot of refugee/immigration/anti-human trafficking issues. Have sat down with Walker and gone to the offices of others about these issues. Called about DeVos and Sessions.

At the state level, I've called often about HB13 and other school issues.

While most reps/sens tow the party line, they each get a daily report about the topics form their constituents that receive the highest volume each day. Helps them keep a finger on the pulse back home (and where they may be getting/losing votes as well as what will be issues at reelection time)

I've had some good conversations with staffers, most of whom are polite, yet frustratingly non-committal on every issue (even if the senators's/rep's position is pretty clear).

My house rep is Joe Wilson so I called his office to say how embarrassing it was for him to shout "you lie" in a state of the union address. I think I'm the only one in this district that felt that way.

Back