• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Having Perdue as our Governor...

You don't really believe that the reason she resigned do you?

Oh, I'm almost sure of it. She is well aware she's in over her head; she's hoping the rest of us don't notice.

LOL at the blind ignorance on display in this post. Palin resigned for one reason only - to get paid, and I certainly don't fault her for it. She will make more money these last couple years on the speech/fundraising circuit than she would have made in a lifetime as governor of Alaska.

She certainly got paid---and good for her---but she was way, way in over her head. You don't think she was well aware of that fact before the rest of us?

She's way in over her head inserting herself into the national political discussion, even more so than as governor of Alaska.

The difference: $$$$$$$

Sarah Palin resigned because she was in over her head?

*chortle*

JH- you read Rob Christensen's book on NC politics yet? Pretty good read.

I'd say that Kerr Scott and Jim Martin were good politicians, as was Terry Sanford. Hunt and Helms as well.

Of the current crop, Miller, Coble, and Burr are fine. Hagan- eh. Mel Watt is fine as well. I really haven't paid attention to Butterfield. The rest of the national delegation can pound salt.

JH- you read Rob Christensen's book on NC politics yet? Pretty good read.

I'd say that Kerr Scott and Jim Martin were good politicians, as was Terry Sanford. Hunt and Helms as well.

Of the current crop, Miller, Coble, and Burr are fine. Hagan- eh. Mel Watt is fine as well. I really haven't paid attention to Butterfield. The rest of the national delegation can pound salt.

No, but I will add that to my list. Thanks for the tip.

Not sure how we left Terry Sanford off the list. Shame on the lot of us.

She's way in over her head inserting herself into the national political discussion, even more so than as governor of Alaska.

The difference: $$$$$$$

You may be right but in the end, WGAF? That wasn't really my point. It's the result that matters. Bev Perdue can resign for any reason she wants to, and it would be the right reason for me. The sooner the better.

Oh, I'm almost sure of it. She is well aware she's in over her head; she's hoping the rest of us don't notice.

Actually, it appears to be the exact opposite. Many people other than Sarah Palin realize she is in over her head, but not her.

If she realized it, she wouldn't have run on a national ticket.

Easley was hunt lite. Both broke the state. Perdue was dealt a losing hand: she works hard but it don't matter. Meg Scott pled to protect her father. He was doing the ole boy shakedown for contributions to her campaign.

Add Thad Eure to the long time office holders.

It's Charlotte's fault- dummies here couldn't think logically and vote Obama/McCrory which would have been in their best interests (at least for Gov)- nope, just pull the straight dem lever.

Any chance that Perdue will face a serious challenger in the Democratic primary?

Back