• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Head Coach Prospects

I still don't think Grobe should be fired, or even on the hot seat, but I'd look at the LA Tech coaching staff.

I wonder if Mark Richt would consider coming to Wake after he gets fired by UGA? I think he'd be a good fit.

I thought I read one time that he planned to become a missionary after his tenure at UGA. Or maybe it was just whenever he was done coaching, period.

We look no further than the man that took us to the promised land in 1999, the man that led the worst team in the NFL to the Superbowl despite having a crap QB, the man that thought no deficit was large enough, my man JC. Let's bring the only real Gem that ever coached here, Gem Caldwel. Yeah I know how to spell but the normal spelling of Jim might be good enough for Grobe, but not for our former 100 karat coach Gem Caldwel!!!!

I wonder if Mark Richt would consider coming to Wake after he gets fired by UGA? I think he'd be a good fit.

Why would UGa be looking to fire Mark Richt the season after he was in the SECTG?

Why would UGa be looking to fire Mark Richt the season after he was in the SECTG?

Becsuse he constantly underachieves despite recruiting with the top programs in the country.

ETA

Here is how UGA has finished in recruiting team rankings recently (per espn)

2012 - 5th
2011 - 6th
2010 - 12th
2009 - 6th
2008 - 5th

Nobody does less with more, except for Mack Brown.

Last edited:
I think part of the criteria for any new coach should be: willing to show emotion on the sideline, injury policy not stuck in the 1960s, and not named Lobo.

I think part of the criteria for any new coach should be: willing to show emotion on the sideline, injury policy not stuck in the 1960s, and not named Lobo.

+1,000. I would be thrilled if the new head coach stood within 30 yards of the line of scrimmage.

Becsuse he constantly underachieves despite recruiting with the top programs in the country.

ETA

Here is how UGA has finished in recruiting team rankings recently (per espn)

2012 - 5th===in SEC title game
2011 - 6th
2010 - 12th
2009 - 6th
2008 - 5th

Nobody does less with more, except for Mack Brown.

That is an absolute joke. UGa was in SEC title game last year against Bama, plays in tough SEC East with Florida & South Carolina and the SEC has 4 or 5 teams in the Top 10 alone this year. You run the guantlet every week in that conference. I doubt he will get anywhere near fired. And I doubt most fans in college football would call it underachieving in that conference.

That is an absolute joke. UGa was in SEC title game last year against Bama, plays in tough SEC East with Florida & South Carolina and the SEC has 4 or 5 teams in the Top 10 alone this year. You run the guantlet every week in that conference. I doubt he will get anywhere near fired. And I doubt most fans in college football would call it underachieving in that conference.

You are out of your mind. Last year they were in the SECCG by default. They got blown away by LSU. Last year was also the first time South Carolina tallied double digit wins. As early as 2009 Scar was your run of the mill 7-6 team. Florida, Bama, and LSU are all formidable opposition, and now so is Scar. The difference is, while they run the gauntlet, Florida, Bama, and LSU have all managed to win a MNC recently. You absolutely can not pull in top 5 recruiting classes every year with nothing to show for it. That is the definition of underachieving.

Back