• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Heading South on I-95

CarlSpackler88

The Pumpfaker
Reaction score
Making the trip down on Thursday. What are some good spots to eat right off the highway? I'll eat almost anything.

Making the trip down on Thursday. What are some good spots to eat right off the highway? I'll eat almost anything.

South of the Border!

j/k

Wilson NC, Parker's BBQ or Bill's

Down 95 to 85 to Winston? Bojangles in South Hill, VA. Exit 12 on 85. /thread

Driving from NOVA to Columbia SC. Want to stop somewhere in NC off of 95 to eat. Looking for recs. Not interested in Hardee's and the like.

Driving from NOVA to Columbia SC. Want to stop somewhere in NC off of 95 to eat. Looking for recs. Not interested in Hardee's and the like.

You'll be passing through NC, but a good mom and pop place is Virginia BBQ in Ashland, VA. Follow the signs to Randolph-Macon and it's a small house on a road into town. Not far at all from 95.

White Swan in Benson is pretty solid BBQ. Pretty much right off the highway, too.

Ralphs BBQ Buffet in Weldon, NC Just over the border, one exit only, then left about a mile. All you can eat for about $12. Enjoy Safe Trip.

South of the Border has a Peddler Steakhouse which is pretty good. A little off I-95 in Latta,SC is Abingdon Manor and Restaurant which is great. In Florence<SC try Red Bone Alley, Good shrimp and grits.

Giuseppe's Pizza off I-85 in Petersburg. I stopped there twice on the way up and back from DC one week. Treated me well, and their strombolis were excellent.

7022 Boydton Plank Road

Petersburg, VA 23803

South of the Border has a Peddler Steakhouse which is pretty good. A little off I-95 in Latta,SC is Abingdon Manor and Restaurant which is great. In Florence<SC try Red Bone Alley, Good shrimp and grits.

Red Bone Alley is still open? I lived in Florence almost 20 years ago and that place was great.

We hit RBA on the way back and thought it was delicious. Thanks for the recommendation!

Back