• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hear what Syracuse fans have to say about Tyler Cavanaugh

Thanks for posting. Sounds like the Syracuse fans generally have a higher opinion of our school/program than many of our "fans".

Syracuse fans showing a classy perspective. I feel good about adding Cavanaugh to our 2012 class, and Syracuse to the ACC.

I saw the thread title and assumed it would be full of posts slamming Cav in a sour-grapes type fashion. And that our fans would use it as evidence that Cav sucks. I'm pleasantly surprised.

I can't imagine Wake sports boards ever having that near universal attitude.

Having a top15 program for decades may help their outlook.

Having read all of that makes me want to put my razor blade away concerning basketball season. Very classy responses. It is always interesting to see how folks in a completely different part of the country view Wake and it's program.

I saw the thread title and assumed it would be full of posts slamming Cav in a sour-grapes type fashion. And that our fans would use it as evidence that Cav sucks. I'm pleasantly surprised.

No joke. Our board goes into "we never offered" or "we didn't want him anyway" or "it's ok, we're going to get the next guy" mode.

We're right to want the Cuse fans in the conference.

Can we import some of them?

We could, but then, being rational, polite fans, they would say something mildly complimentary about [Redacted]. They would then immediately be ridiculed in a crude, profane, disgusting manner and never come back. :thumbsup:

They don't take us seriously and figure they are giving us one of their leftovers. But at least they are nice about it.

They don't take us seriously and figure they are giving us one of their leftovers. But at least they are nice about it.

Well said.
But for a sports board that just lost a recruit that's pretty impressive.

Looks like we have a poster on that thread that decided to ingratiate himself to the SU fans by bashing his own. Nice.

Good posts. This one most interesting:

"That's whacked. However, we do know that the Melo led Nugs did not shine under [Redacted] and once Karl took over, that did started doing well. Maybe they didn't want to learn how to put their socks on and tie their shoes properly. "

94 - that was in response to Bz's wiki page.

Also, as mentioned before, when you're team looks stacked anyway, it's a lot easier to be cordial about losing a recruit.

Good posts. This one most interesting:

"That's whacked. However, we do know that the Melo led Nugs did not shine under [Redacted] and once Karl took over, that did started doing well. Maybe they didn't want to learn how to put their socks on and tie their shoes properly. "

The thing that makes it most interesting is the fact you can type whatever you want on the internet. The "Melo led Nugs" under [Redacted] had the second to best turn around in wins from one year to the next in NBA history.

Bzd actually got along quite well with Melo. It was his relationship with Kmart that led to Bzd's undoing.

However,

if you want to craft a narrative and repeat it for years and years about how unsuccessful Bzd was as an NBA coach and how he didn't get along with Melo, this is the internet and you can certainly do that. That would make you an idiot though, in my book at least.

Back