• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hearthstone Thread FTMFW - 4/7 Ashes of Outland release - New Demon Hunter class!

New patch is out in advance of the expansion tomorrow. Lots of goodies:

-3 free packs and a Legendary Weapon for logging in
-Dungeon Run mode!
-Three, one-time progressive Dungeon Run quests that will award 3 more free packs (make sure your quest queue is not full tomorrow, or this will destroy a quest)
-A card back for beating Dungeon Run mode with all 9 classes
-A new daily quest: defeat five Dungeon Run encounters for a Classic Pack

Free weapon: Warrior weapon

Preorder packs: Zola the Gorgon, Grumble Worldshaker, The Runespear

I also have 8660 gold so I'm not sure how much I'm going to spend on packs yet.

Dungeon run is fun but not as fun as the Lich King was. I probably won't play it unless I have a quest to do so.

Picked up Rogue weapon and Hunter minion after 3100 gold. I might try for one more legendary, I'm not sure yet.

In spite of my previous post, I did do the preorder. The power level of this set seems really high at first glance but we will see.

I got the warlock weapon for free, Grumble Worldshaker and the mage weapon from packs

I went for one more legendary and got Paladin minion. Down to 1960 gold so ill probably stop here.

Last edited:
3175 dust later I feel like I'm done with this expansion. I think I'll try and build a hunter deck tomorrow. I'll probably wait until the dust settles to see what the strong decks are going to be and craft missing cards accordingly.

Missing 7 common and 7 rare cards from this expansion.

I opened 125 packs (10 free packs + 11,500 gold spent), ending the opening with a Legendary. I should've stopped sooner and saved more of my gold.

30 Epics (1 per 4.17 packs which is above average)
7* Legendaries (5 plus the free Marin and free Warlock weapon), shown below (1 per 25.2 packs...unlucky)
10 Golden Commons
8 Golden Rares

Total dust: 4,860...ouch. Wish I had just gotten more unique cards, and more exciting Legendaries - most of these feel meme-y.

200px-Lynessa_Sunsorrow%2876920%29.png

200px-The_Runespear%2876869%29.png

200px-Skull_of_the_Man%27ari%2876930%29.png

200px-Rin%2C_the_First_Disciple%2873326%29.png

200px-Geosculptor_Yip%2876929%29.png

200px-King_Togwaggle%2876895%29.png

200px-Marin_the_Fox%2873318%29.png

I got shitty legendaries.
The dungeon runs are fun, but it doesn't appear to count towards quests? The first run I did was warrior and I blew right through it, and was like "why did they make these so easy?" then I failed twice in a row with Shammy.

I got shitty legendaries.
The dungeon runs are fun, but it doesn't appear to count towards quests? The first run I did was warrior and I blew right through it, and was like "why did they make these so easy?" then I failed twice in a row with Shammy.

Solo adventures don't usually count towards quests.

I got the Paladin weapon for my free one. Only opened 10 packs but got golden master oakheart, golden warlock weapon and warrior legendary minion. Pretttttty good.

I got the Paladin weapon for my free one. Only opened 10 packs but got golden master oakheart, golden warlock weapon and warrior legendary minion. Pretttttty good.

Then i opened Nozdormu in my brawl pack.

I just cannot get enough of the Dungeon Runs (it's basically all I've played since the set dropped) - they're addicting and replayable. The variation of cards, treasures, and bosses keep it insanely fresh. And generally, it's a great challenge.

It took me a while to win with Paladin (35 wins before 1 completed run)...and I ended up doing it with what I consider two of the weaker treasures (in a vacuum), but they worked perfectly together on the final boss. 1) Preserve health as much as possible, 2) let RNGesus go to work, 3) Profit.

77167.png

77189.png

(I chortled when the Kobold narrator told me it took true skill to wield this card)

clW6gUF.png

Finally got shammy after like 10 tries. Currently through 3 rogue failed runs. Had a great mill/cthun deck built and then the final boss I got was the guy who burns two of your cards every turn :/

Finally got shammy after like 10 tries. Currently through 3 rogue failed runs. Had a great mill/cthun deck built and then the final boss I got was the guy who burns two of your cards every turn :/

I think I may have beaten him once. I've had the most luck against The Darkness. I'm 0-fer against the other ones.

King Togwaggle seems impossible - perhaps if you have a finely tuned aggro deck?

Back