• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hearthstone Thread FTMFW - 4/7 Ashes of Outland release - New Demon Hunter class!

This set looks nuts. I don't remember a set with this much power creep.

Looking forward to a meme warrior deck with coldlight, brann, juggernaut and this card:

8358604a089df1c3bff83760fbfba468.png

I moved Even Shaman to the back of the fridge, and ended up hitting Dad Legend on day one with Jaina.

Now, all of my H-stone focus will be with the new expansion. It seems so OP, btw...

X2QBGhC.png

BX1l3Ys.png

Yeah it looks like the new expansion is going to dominate the meta for a long time to come. I've only been playing since LoE so to me this looks like Gadgetzan again. Going to be a lot of staple cards in a lot of decks from this one.

I pre-ordered the Mega bundle, so I had two free legendaries and 83 packs.

My two free ones were Floop and Zerek's Cloning Gallery.

Then, I opened 7 legendaries in 83 packs (fairly lucky).

Now to spend all my saved up gold and open 74 more.

Last edited:
My final tally, 13 legendaries.

Floop
Gloop

Boom-zooka

Luna's pocket galaxy

Zerek's cloning gallery

Electra
The storm bringer

The soularium

Dr. Boom
The Boomship

Whizbang
Zilliax
Mecha'thun

I opened 230 packs including the two pre-orders. I think that netted 3 free legendaries. I was pretty happy with my haul:

Druid:
Floop's Glorious Gloop
Flobbidinous Floop

Hunter (4th expansion in a row getting both hunter legendaries :)) :
Boommaster Flark
Flark's Boom-Zooka

Mage:
Luna's Pocket Galaxy

Paladin:
Crystalsmith Kangor
Kangor's Endless Army (golden)

Priest:
Zerek, Master Cloner
Zerek's Cloning Gallery

Rogue:
Myra's Unstable Element (golden)

Shaman:
The Storm Bringer

Warlock:
The Soularium

Warrior:
Dr. Boom, Mad Genius
The Boomship

Neutral:
Harbinger Celestia
Zilliax

Dr. Boom was the one I wanted the most. I probably would have crafted him had I not gotten him.

Excluding the 3 (I think?) free ones I got 13 in 230 packs for an average of one legendary for every 17 or so packs.

I haven't dusted since the last expansion so the dust I've accumulated over the last expansion plus from today nets me 17395 dust.

Middle-of-the-road opening for me. 9,500 gold netted me...

5 Legendaries (6 with the freebie)
17 Epics
8 Golden Commons
5 Golden Rares
1 Golden Epic
...and 3,195 dust.

My dust reserves are now sitting at 18,680 and there's no way I don't spend most of it on this set. I also put aside 2,500 gold for a down payment on the next expansion.

My unpacked legendaries:

200px-Stargazer_Luna%2889805%29.png

200px-Kangor%27s_Endless_Army%2889818%29.png

200px-Zerek%2C_Master_Cloner%2889863%29.png

200px-Myra%27s_Unstable_Element%2889802%29.png

200px-Whizbang_the_Wonderful%2889813%29.png

200px-Zilliax%2889803%29.png

I'm kind of excited for Whizbang. He's basically a new game-mode that's pretty challenging.

I did both preorders, so 133 packs.

Free legendary was Flobb Floop.

2 goldens were Myra's Unstable Element and Stargazer Luna.

In the packs I opened Kangor's Endless Army, Harbinger Celestia, Myra Rotspring, Subject 9, and Mechathun. 5 in 133 felt kinda bad, but even worse that 3 of em are pretty hot garbage and/or for very specific decks.

I did go to my first fireside gathering tonight though, so I got Nemsy and the cardback and had some fun in a tournament. Went 1-2 in swiss but had some crazy fun games.

Expansion feels fun so far in games at least, nothing seems crazy overpowered yet.

Mecha'thun definitely seems more viable than meme. I've already lost convincingly to a Druid that played nothing but card draw, armor gain, Flobbidinous Floop, and Naturalize.

My prediction though, is that this specific combo deck (and Malygos and Togwoggle combos, which also received support...thanks, Blizzard) will stake their corner in the meta and absolutely annihilate slow decks with consistency BUT they will also lose decidedly to midrange (probably mech) decks. It's kind of like the Caverns Below - given enough time, you're probably going to win. But you're also going to sport awful winrates against more aggressive opponents.

Mecha'thun definitely seems more viable than meme. I've already lost convincingly to a Druid that played nothing but card draw, armor gain, Flobbidinous Floop, and Naturalize.

My prediction though, is that this specific combo deck (and Malygos and Togwoggle combos, which also received support...thanks, Blizzard) will stake their corner in the meta and absolutely annihilate slow decks with consistency BUT they will also lose decidedly to midrange (probably mech) decks. It's kind of like the Caverns Below - given enough time, you're probably going to win. But you're also going to sport awful winrates against more aggressive opponents.

Same thing just happened to me. I was winning decisively against a Druid and couldn't figure out what his deck plan was. I assumed it was a slow Malygos draw so I was stacking armor.

Then suddenly: Mechathun + Innervate + Naturalize

Obviously early in the expansion but I'm thinking about crafting Mechathun (just seems like a fun card) and Baku (from last expansion).

What kind of decks has everyone been playing?

I haven't found a good Dr. Boom deck yet. I've had some success with odd mech paladin. I made a quirky elemental deck with luna's pocket that has done okay so far. My favorite deck so far is elemental even shaman. With Arcane Dynamo, it's way too easy to get Bloodlusts for finishers. The only card I don't have from the traditional list is Al'Akir but I don't feel that my deck is lacking without him in it.

I've dabbled in Deathrattle Rogue and Even Paladin to decent success. I need to start a craft wish list.

Same with the wishlist. Opened the shaman minion legendary last night, but didn't make a deck for it yet. I like playing this aggro warlock with soularium. IMO, really great card design.

Same with the wishlist. Opened the shaman minion legendary last night, but didn't make a deck for it yet. I like playing this aggro warlock with soularium. IMO, really great card design.

I have that one too. I was trying to build a good zoo deck with it but so far haven't found one I can consistently win with.

Even warlock has been super strong. Lots of room for tech cards too, like the one that swaps minions for demons in both hands (hit a few Mechathuns with that), etc. Its a little boring as an archetype though.

Also had some fun with a kind of wonky minion based control mage with prince keleseth and pocket galaxy. Actually not terrible.

Back