• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hearthstone Thread FTMFW - 4/7 Ashes of Outland release - New Demon Hunter class!

Looks like we're set to tip in a couple minutes if anyone wants to spectate.

DeaconSlim2.0 vs HTTD

#1 - Mage vs Warlock - DeaconSlim2.0
#2 - Mage vs Mage - HTTD
#3 - Priest vs Mage - HTTD

HTTD advances.

Also played our banned decks versus each other after and he destroyed me.

GG though.

The emergence of grim patron warrior is a perfect example of a card and deck countering an OP card like Dr. Boom without requiring a card nerf. I run Boom in my combo druid and he is unplayable until you've dealt with both Grim Patrons. Thinking about taking him out and adding sylvanas or a belcher.

I took Dr. Boom out of all my decks after the BGH started making so many appearances, but I'm thinking about putting him back in now that the meta has shifted.

I've found that a good tempo deck (doesn't really matter the class) can wreck a grim patron warrior.

I'm 75 dust away from my Dr. Boom!

I have Dr. Boom in all my decks and haven't had any real issues with it to be honest. There are a good number of BGH out there but I haven't run into so many as to stop running Dr. Boom.

Httd and I had a pretty fun game last night where we traded yseras and I eventually wound up with 3

I don't really mind playing Dr. Boom and it getting BGH'ed. But you can't play Boom on a grim patron turn. Still a great card, but patron warrior is a good counter to it.

Me vs numbers

Mage vs Mage- mhb
Mage vs shaman - numbers
Druid vs shaman - mhb

All great games.

Untitled_zpsmyunjh1x.png

Me vs numbers

Mage vs Mage- mhb
Mage vs shaman - numbers
Druid vs shaman - mhb

All great games.

Yep those were battles. Realized what type of mage I was dealing with in game one relatively early on but couldn't get anything going to counter (I know HTTD saw the match but I won't divulge any deck types that people don't want out there hah) and knew MHB had a spell out but had to go for the attempted win anyways - thwarted and MHB won. Got a lot of board control early on with the shaman in game two and had a well-timed bloodlust to help put it away (helped that he never drew into flamestrike either for a turn or two there after turn 7). Last game was definitely a mismatch IMO (as in MHB had the better deck) and I drew into a couple lucky cards that helped and he also had some RNG help (used MCT and got my mana tide totem instead of two other totems I'd tapped into and then with three guys on the board, one with 2 mana and the other two with 3 mana I ended up unable to clear both three mana minions because lightning storm only did 2 damage to the two 3 minion guys).

All-in-all quite the battle. Good luck in the finals guys! Slim let me know if you want to play a third place game at some point.

And Yes, I'd like to play a 3rd place game Numbers, I'm around all weekend.

Am I reading it correctly that they're just upgrades of the old heroes with no new real function?

It's lame, but with no actual benefit other than it shows everyone that you spent $10, it is easily ignored.

Yea, I've definitely been known to shell out money for this game, but this is just stupid.

Back