• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hearthstone Thread FTMFW - 4/7 Ashes of Outland release - New Demon Hunter class!

Secret paladin really is the worst. Even if you have a way to handle the appropriate order at the time you have a fucking 6/6 minion down.

holy shit i drafted a fel reaver in arena. it gives you a heart attack. Played it on turn 5. by turn 9 my whole deck was milled, i took 1 fatique damage then killed opponent.

I went through the thread and found other Hearthstone players who aren't currently signed up for our tournament:

Deac6 (Deac#1991)
DeaconWalker (DeaconWalker#1741)
Screamindemon3 (LawsonMC90#1947)
TexasDeac10 (Ampersand#1527)

Do any of you guys want to play? We're looking for a 12th entrant - first to post is in.

I'll do it. Is there any money involved?

I just found out there is a local tournament in a couple weeks but I'm not sure if I can ask the wife to let me go play video games for 6 hour window on a saturday.

Do you live in Kansas City?

JR from the Well Met! podcast is always talking up the Fireside Gatherings in Kansas City.

Okay, we have 11 for The Tournament.

Quick poll - for the regular season component would you rather,

1) Play 5 matches against randomly assigned opponents (AKA half the other entrants).
2) Play 10 matches (AKA everyone plays everyone).

The second option is more comprehensive, but also takes more time. Cast your vote!

Okay, we have 11 for The Tournament.

Quick poll - for the regular season component would you rather,

1) Play 5 matches against randomly assigned opponents (AKA half the other entrants).
2) Play 10 matches (AKA everyone plays everyone).

The second option is more comprehensive, but also takes more time. Cast your vote!

Would prefer to play everybody but that could be a logistical nightmare.

That probably makes the 5 matches more feasible imo.

Play all ten. I want there to be no doubt that I am the worst player here.

I know i probably sound like a pussy, but a postpartum mom is a scary thing. HTTD, you got a young one, right? Do you think you could ask your wife if you could go play hearthstone from 1-7 on a saturday?

I'm trying to talk myself into asking.

Yeah, each match can go 5 games...so consider that in whether you want to see 5 or 10 matches.

Would anyone be interested in a casual arena competition?

Just brainstorming but...

You do as many runs as it takes to have 1 run with each unique class.
You only count the first run you have for each unique class.
Track runs on heartharena to share results.
Bragging rights for most wins, best warrior run, etc.

I think it would be fun to have a slow, deliberate group discussion & draft.

Back