• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Heating & Air Recommendations

cna4life

Reaction score
Am likely going to be replacing our heat pump before the weather gets too hot. Any positive recommendations?

We have used Logan for service in the past and I have not been that impressed, but I know they do a lot of business.

Winston-Salem area

We've been very happy with Eanes.

I've used Logan and Reedy's before, I don't use them anymore. Used Gwyn last few times and have been happy.

thanks for the suggestions, I had not even thought about geothermal but that might be a great option.

thanks for the suggestions, I had not even thought about geothermal but that might be a great option.

You better get a home equity line of credit. Specifics can vary but usually the up front cost is HUGE with geothermal. I considered it when I got my current system and it was twice as much. Hard to justify that much money though if you are going to stay in current house for awhile you would eventually make your money back in savings.

FWIW, I had a geothermal system at my old house and did not like it. It was very slow to react to changes in temperature, and seemed to need repairs all the time. Also, many HVAC guys wouldn't touch it, or it would take them forever to diagnose and fix a problem because they had not seen many of these units. Would not recommend.

As for recommendation for an HVAC guy , I would use Griffith Heating and Air. Proprietor Randy Clark is smart, honest, hardworking, and reasonably priced.

Not trying to hijack a thread, but I am looking for an HVAC company in Charlotte. I've used Cheeseman the last couple of times we've had a need but haven't been super impressed.

Back