• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Here is what people around the world are most afraid of

" The survey asked about eight possible threats. While the level and focus of concern varies by region and country, ISIS and climate change clearly emerge as the most frequently cited security risks across the 38 countries polled."

Sounds like they were asked to rank those 8 fears.

Last edited:
sailor being extremely patient with people not talking about the refugee fear right now

who's a good boy? sailor's a good boy!

it says nothing about transgendered rape in bathrooms...fake news

Like ISIS is going to go all the way to Australia. Dothraki in boats indeed.

if you're an american and you're afraid of Iraqi refugees

you-might-be-akomish-jeff-foxworthy-you-might-be-a-redneck.jpg

most of the world would be afraid of sailor if they read his posts.

I'm most afraid of stupid white people who vote, especially stupid old white people

I wonder where North Korea and Iran would have scored had they been included in the discussion.

I'm surprised that the overall concern regarding China is not greater. Beyond being a major concern for Vietnam and South Korea, Chinese hegemony is clearly a concern for the Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia, Japan (not to mention Taiwan) -- essentially the entire ASEAN. I think that its expansionist goals in the South China Sea is a significant international problem, as exhibited by China's refusal to accept the Permanent Court of Arbitration's rejection of their Nine-Dash Line territorial claims.

The heavy concern regarding cyberattacks is notable. What is not mentioned or discussed is where many of these cyberattacks are originating -- China, Russia, and North Korea.

I wonder where North Korea and Iran would have scored had they been included in the discussion.

I'm surprised that the overall concern regarding China is not greater. Beyond being a major concern for Vietnam and South Korea, Chinese hegemony is clearly a concern for the Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia, Japan (not to mention Taiwan) -- essentially the entire ASEAN. I think that its expansionist goals in the South China Sea is a significant international problem, as exhibited by China's refusal to accept the Permanent Court of Arbitration's rejection of their Nine-Dash Line territorial claims.

The heavy concern regarding cyberattacks is notable. What is not mentioned or discussed is where many of these cyberattacks are originating -- China, Russia, and North Korea.

alas, the US is the biggest hacker around

alas, the US is the biggest hacker around

You may well be correct, although I'm not sure how this can be accurately scored or measured given that the point of hacking in many instances is to not let the "hackee" know that they have been hacked.

If we define cyberattacks as including cybertheft (and I think it has to be), I think China is at or near the top of the list.

You may well be correct, although I'm not sure how this can be accurately scored or measured given that the point of hacking in many instances is to not let the "hackee" know that they have been hacked.

If we define cyberattacks as including cybertheft (and I think it has to be), I think China is at or near the top of the list.

perhaps

have you seen this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiGwAvd5mvM

I have not. I'll try to watch it tomorrow. I've got to un-ass from my office and head to a family event in Mount Airy.

Yea, definitely a predetermined list. If it were free response, leprechauns would be on it...

Back