• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Here's a reason not to run the QB sneak...

Because one QB in the NFL is now lost for the season? The ratio of QB sneaks to serious injuries is pretty low.

But the ratio of Wake Forest wins to no Tanner Price is probably about 0.

I say we don't let Price out of a bubble on non game days. Too risky since something could possibly happen to him. Maybe. Potentially, at least.

I say we don't let Price out of a bubble on non game days. Too risky since something could possibly happen to him. Maybe. Potentially, at least.

I think this is about where WVU is with Geno Smith. His backup is a true FR walkon that Holgorsen invited after he was hired. The only other scholarship QB is some jackwagon from Wisconsin that the strength coach or someone knew. Bill Stewart was such a great one. lol

Hell, I say we don't let Tanner Price play football at all...too dangerous, and we have no shot at winning if he's injured.

I suspect KA never flies or drives, after all, planes and cars both crash.

Hell, I say we don't let Tanner Price play football at all...too dangerous, and we have no shot at winning if he's injured.

I suspect KA never flies or drives, after all, planes and cars both crash.

That's the dumbest thing I've ever seen on here, and the fact that you think you're making a point with it just makes it worse.

Grobe has already shown that he knows he needs Price...Syracuse?

Some coaches that coach QB-dominant offenses won't even let their QBs scramble unless they have a clear path to the sideline. I know Leach didn't want his guys running.

It's certainly not unprecedented.

So only run a QB sneak on the 1 if you can score a game winning touchdown from it. Sounds like a fair compromise.

I see, so in the instance I posted, you get to put all sorts of conditions around when it's ok or not ok to run the sneak. But your instance proves that you just shouldn't run the sneak, without any conditions. :rolleyes:

Maryland's QB was injured last week while playing ND. If the MD vs ND game had occurred before our game with ND, I assume your advice would have been for Grobe to sit Tanner for the ND game. After all, playing ND results in broken arms for QB's, according to the logic you've presented here.

It's a QB sneak. Way down the list of dangerous plays a QB makes in any given game.

I don't like the play anyway. You've got no forward momentum, and if the defense lines someone up on the center usually the defensive player is going to have the advantage because the center has to well, center.

Basically, if you can block for a QB sneak, you should be able to run the ball with a lead blocker just as well.

Wake's main problem is they just can't run block very well under any circumstance.

I can't believe this got derailed from Texans discussion. Booo.

This thread has shown at least 3 Texans fans though. Based on the Bills thread, that may be enough for a full-time Texans thread...

I can't believe this got derailed from Texans discussion. Booo.

This thread has shown at least 3 Texans fans though. Based on the Bills thread, that may be enough for a full-time Texans thread...

The soccer thread has a few more posters but one poster makes about 75% of the posts.

I rooted for the Texans when Calhoun was down there, plus it's fun to remember when Al Groh couldn't decide whether Schaub or Bryson Spinner was the better quarterback.

Fuck off.

Really is just that simple. If he still sucks, Texans are done unless they can run the Broncos offense and complete 2 passes and win.

Most QBs improve in their first few years in the league, so maybe he's become passable and they'll still be decent.

I remember when someone on this board said the Texans were terrible, so forgive me if I feel the obvious is still worth mentioning here. Some of you are just terrifically stupid.

So back to the point...still want Price running the QB sneak at every opportunity?

I don't think that they'd win with Leinart completing two first half passes. Totally different situation. So, I understand your point but that comparison could be better.

Schaub has been underrated. People will find out over the final 7 games just how much.

Guess who backs up Leinhart now?...T.J. Yates.

Yes....that T.J. Yates. Wow.

Kubiak loves him some TJ, thinks he's special and will have a long career, and Dilfer was touting him yesterday on the radio.

Dilfer said he looks for something special about a QB when evaluating, and that Yates is fearless in the pocket (meh) and has a release "like Romo and Rodgers". He said Yates can throw from multiple release points with accuracy and thinks he'll be under center before the season's over.

Even the most diehard Tarheel wouldn't mention Yates in the same breath as Romo and Rodgers, but Dilfer loves him.

I hope he's as accurate in his Yates assessment as he was about Cam.

This is further evidence Riley should be playing in the NFL right now

Kubiak loves him some TJ, thinks he's special and will have a long career, and Dilfer was touting him yesterday on the radio.

Dilfer said he looks for something special about a QB when evaluating, and that Yates is fearless in the pocket (meh) and has a release "like Romo and Rodgers". He said Yates can throw from multiple release points with accuracy and thinks he'll be under center before the season's over.

Even the most diehard Tarheel wouldn't mention Yates in the same breath as Romo and Rodgers, but Dilfer loves him.

I hope he's as accurate in his Yates assessment as he was about Cam.

A gigantic "what the fuck" to this entire post. TJ Yates has sucked, currently sucks and always will suck.

I don't think that they'd win with Leinart completing two first half passes. Totally different situation. So, I understand your point but that comparison could be better.

Perhaps you require a more thorough definition of the word "unless."

Back