• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Here's the verdict on that "terrible" Obama economy

I am in upstate SC and there are not enough qualified workers for the jobs that are available. I guess it was ok to be methed up and work in a textile mill but in the new economy you at least have to be clean and have somewhat of a brain. That high school education can't take you any further than a service job.

Same in Tampa. Small and large manufacturers are desperate for skilled workers. The community college technician education programs are doing everything they can to bring in more students to teach them the skills they need to get these jobs. A lot of these employers would like to hire students out of high school as well.

an economy growing at 3.2%..Record high stock and home prices...4.9% Unemployment rate and not to mention rising wages..........what a mess for Trump LOL

He will turn this into Atlantic City and USFL and claim it was all Obama and SNL's fault :)

4.6% unemployment actually.

so cutting the corporate tax rate is the new tax cuts for the rich? Trying to keep up with the most recent pub economic policy that will be a boon to the rich and cost everyone else.

I am in upstate SC and there are not enough qualified workers for the jobs that are available. I guess it was ok to be methed up and work in a textile mill but in the new economy you at least have to be clean and have somewhat of a brain. That high school education can't take you any further than a service job.

Somewhat of a brain? Damn.

so cutting the corporate tax rate is the new tax cuts for the rich? Trying to keep up with the most recent pub economic policy that will be a boon to the rich and cost everyone else.

I think that's a bit disingenuous, and I say that as a tax and spend liberal. Corporate tax rates in America are just obscenely high. They make American firms anticompetitive. Lowering corporate tax rates doesn't guarantee money will be reinvested in any way that will help lower level employees or drive economic growth. It is one reason businesses keep $ overseas though, and that $ could come home and be productive in this economy.

What is the likelihood that with corporate taxes slashed and more cash on hand companies do invest in themselves but with extreme unintended consequences for low skilled workers? Since the future is automation all that capital is just spent speeding up the inevitable. I think that is actually what Carrier said they are doing in Indiana with their 16 million dollar investment. They are investing in automation to make keeping the plant in the US feasible. It's the ultimate win for companies, cheap taxes, money to spend on automation, reduction in pay roll, increase in output.

What is the likelihood that with corporate taxes slashed and more cash on hand companies do invest in themselves but with extreme unintended consequences for low skilled workers? Since the future is automation all that capital is just spent speeding up the inevitable. I think that is actually what Carrier said they are doing in Indiana with their 16 million dollar investment. They are investing in automation to make keeping the plant in the US feasible. It's the ultimate win for companies, cheap taxes, money to spend on automation, reduction in pay roll, increase in output.
Yes exactly

You don't get a tax cut and then spend it on employees you don't really need

This is where liberals and conservatives are likely to part: automation and the role of business and government. Business has no core responsibility to its employees, only its shareholders. The government has responsibility for the welfare of its citizens.

Even as a liberal, I still don't think the government should play regulator or anti-automation simply for the sake of jobs. As the economy becomes more efficient and production continues to increase, there's no reason we can't capitalize and redistribute (aside from political will). The big debate of the future will still be surrounding labor.

Look at the hateful prejudiced shit being said about the white underclass. And you people wonder why they turned on you assholes. Unreal.

If you think for 1 millisecond Trump gives 2 shits about these people, you're even stupider than I thought. This vane thin skinned mother fucker cares about no one but himself and those that completely suck him off.

The white underclass had better get some bootstraps as the Pubs will have little use for them after taking their votes. Better do like Ph says and get some extra schooling and try and advance yourself. If not the Latinos will gladly take those jobs as well.

AP_16341706502468-640x467.jpg

Trump Announces Japanese Telecom Co. Will Invest $50 Billion to Create 50,000 Jobs in U.S.
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/12/06/trump-announces-japanese-telecom-co-will-invest-50-billion-create-50000-jobs-u-s/

Masayoshi Son flat out said he would not be doing this if Hillary had been elected.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/06/business/dealbook/donald-trump-mayayoshi-son-softbank.html?_r=0
But the $50 billion investment pledge is not an entirely new initiative that SoftBank is undertaking. Instead, the money is projected to come from the Japanese company’s previously announced Vision fund, a $100 billion vehicle for investing in technology companies worldwide.
The fund — which includes Saudi Arabia, a target of Mr. Trump’s ire during the presidential campaign, as a key partner — was always expected to strike a significant portion of its deals in the United States.
Speaking to reporters on Tuesday, Mr. Son said the new jobs would come from investing in American start-ups. Mr. Trump later declared on Twitter, “Masa said he would never do this had we (Trump) not won the election!”

Back