• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hey Pit, you like your job?

Do you like your job?

• Yes! I love going to work.

Votes: 39 32.2%
  • Meh, it's a job. What do you want?

Votes: 59 48.8%
  • Nope, I actively dislike my job.

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • unemployed, retired, doofus/numbers

Votes: 13 10.7%

• Total voters
I hope I like my job when I finally figure out what I'm doing and start 6 months from now :plos: (finishing grad school, have 2 places potentially interested in hiring). I think I've picked a field that is a good fit for me though, and I think I'll probably be happy whatever I choose to do.

Voted meh. My job is fine, it pays the bills, and I have great co-workers and I reasonably like my boss. Problem is that there is a definite ceiling that I feel like I'm fast approaching unless I make a change or switch roles in the company.

I would like my job if I had more to do. I'm so unbearably bored at work all the time, its brutal. I've even asked for more projects and more things to do, but it just doesn't happen.

I would like my job if I had more to do. I'm so unbearably bored at work all the time, its brutal. I've even asked for more projects and more things to do, but it just doesn't happen.

I'm in the same position man. I pretty much volunteer to do anything.

I voted that I love my job. I couldn't see myself doing anything else. I wouldn't say that I'm excited to come in every morning, but I do really like what I'm doing and the people I work with.

After a few years of doing my own thing (started an llc and did some mktg/consulting & property management projects); I am sprucing up my resume for the first time. Words of encouragement & advice appreciated.

I got some advice for you, tiny. penile enlargement and stamina training. bitches be laughing behind yo' back callin' you "quick draw"

Do you actually love your job, or do you love the lifestyle it allows you to live?

Both.

My job has sent me around the world and is oftentimes challenging and I work with great people.

The fact that it allows me to play golf every day, and has seen me flown to play some of the best golf courses in the country with clients doesn't sway my opinion at all.

I actively, totally, wholeheartedly despise my job. with every fiber of my being. finally updated my resume and and am tentatively putting feelers out. it's giving me hope which is nice for a change.

i put that yes, i love going to work. but i'm probably somewhere between the first two options. i mean, do i love my job so much that i would do it for free? heck no. but do i legitimately enjoy the people that i work with, and does my job challenge me in a good way? definitely.

This is me too.

I voted meh, but I'm in the upper echelons of meh. I like the people who work around me (I don't really work WITH anyone, I more or less function within a linear path of paperwork) and generally I like what I'm doing, but as per usual I've found myself looking for additional things to do. I have been busy all day once since I've started, and I just don't do well with idle time. I am hoping that things will pick up at which point I'll probably love my job, but for now it's just meh because I'm bored. I also wonder at what point it will feel challenging, because right now the only challenge is just getting things done. It's not really a mental exercise, it's 'do this, fill out that, talk to this person, submit it here'. Also, right now, the women around me are all up in arms about timekeeping stuff (I don't do that, but I hear about it often…) so it's a fairly pessimistic environment. Pay/benefits are good, though…
…If I were answering about REI, I would say I love my job. There are some shitty things about it (ie: picking up clothes after people assault the dressing room), but I love the people I work with and love helping customers get what they need.

Actively dislike my job.

Boring, working in a field that don't align with my views, surrounded by lazy, older people who've been doing the same thing forever, underpaid, under-appreciated, etc.; but at least I get to surf the web... A LOT.

I'm looking for something new and have had a few interviews, but no offers yet. I'll just keep cashing paychecks until I find something I want. I've had offers that are "meh" positions where I think I'll feel the same, but none that are what I'm looking for exactly.

Normally I love what I do but I am having a particularly bad week. Like, having to force myself to do breathing exercises and go for a walk around the block before I write emails and take phone calls. If I get this project done, I better have a nice bonus check waiting on me.

Normally I love what I do but I am having a particularly bad week. Like, having to force myself to do breathing exercises and go for a walk around the block before I write emails and take phone calls. If I get this project done, I better have a nice bonus check waiting on me.

see, I feel like this on certain things, but there is definitely no bonus check... so you've got that going for you :thumbsup:

Intern year FTL. Next year should get a lot better (I hope).

Back