• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hinton

liveanddiedeac

Reaction score
From the coach's show, it sounds like if Hinton can't play Saturday, he's redshirting. Don't shoot the messenger.

^ is that possible? i forget the rules there...

Also that really FUBARs the rest of this year if we're stuck on the Wolford train. He just not quite good enough to get us over the hump...

^ is that possible? i forget the rules there...

Also that really FUBARs the rest of this year if we're stuck on the Wolford train. He just not quite good enough to get us over the hump...

I think it's something like if he hasn't played in 30% of the games and none the second half of the season he is eligible to apply for a medical redshirt.

I kinda like this. The thought that we could get Hinton some game time and some confidence that he's ready to be successful leading the team full time, and without burning a year of eligibility, all while Wolford has us on the brink of bowl eligibility, shows how much the health of this program has improved.

I don't think there is anything to like here. The better we are this year, the better the players will be that we can successfully recruit to be around before and after Hinton graduates.

I don't think there is anything to like here. The better we are this year, the better the players will be that we can successfully recruit to be around before and after Hinton graduates.

Yep. Our best QB can't play when we need him. We hope the QBs in the pipeline are better than Hinton anyway.

The only thing to like here is that he didn't redshirt previously, allowing him to take it now.

Don't redshirt him. We may need him to try and get bowl eligible. Plus I just can't take any more Wolford than I have to.

While Hinton is the better of the two, you gotta hope the guys in the pipeline are better than 5th-year senior Hinton projects to be.

While Hinton is the better of the two, you gotta hope the guys in the pipeline are better than 5th-year senior Hinton projects to be.

2019 QBs
rSR Hinton
rSR Kearns
rJR Newman
rSO Bowers
rSO Powell
rFR Hartman
FR 2019 signee

One of those guys should be better than Hinton.

I think this increases the reps for Kearns too

I think Newman is the most hopeful candidate. He is big, a good runner and has a strong arm.

If Hinton is positioned for medical hardship Kearns will play probably against UL or Clemson. There's no way Wolford goes the distance without Kearns playing some ball. Hopefully it will be meaningful minutes.

Hard to believe that Wolford can finish the season uninjured. I can't see any QB surviving back to back games against Louisville and Clemson. Hopefully, DC is just blowing smoke to confuse UVA. If, indeed, Hinton is not recovered, we are going to need some back up to pull a Skinner and come in and amaze everyone.

Back