• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hire Ryan Odom

The money would have been much bigger.

Only because P5 schools don’t actually do what I’m proposing. The Red Sox did this low ball move to Theo Epstein. It worked. For all.

Why overpay? Miller would gladly would haves signed a 5 year deal with Wake last year for 500k. Does that make him a worse coach? That type of horrific biz decision that says “we must pay 7 figures to an ACC Head Coach” can only be made by poor businessmen.

when it's not your money - cost doesn't matter

Don’t get me wrong. If Miller wins, he then has the leverage in a couple years. But to forget the leverage now—which is with an ACC school when he’s never had a big prestigious job—is just silly. Of course, Ron is silly. His only real world experience is his failure as a college baseball coach.

Don’t get me wrong. If Miller wins, he then has the leverage in a couple years. But to forget the leverage now—which is with an ACC school when he’s never had a big prestigious job—is just silly. Of course, Ron is silly. His only real world experience is his failure as a college baseball coach.

i'm agreeing with you.
these schools waste money on coaches because they will just raise tuition or rape the donors

Only because P5 schools don’t actually do what I’m proposing. The Red Sox did this low ball move to Theo Epstein. It worked. For all.

Why overpay? Miller would gladly would haves signed a 5 year deal with Wake last year for 500k. Does that make him a worse coach? That type of horrific biz decision that says “we must pay 7 figures to an ACC Head Coach” can only be made by poor businessmen.

I don’t think any coach at an ACC school would sign for anything close to 500k. Especially a 5 year deal. You could maybe get away with something that’s super incentive laden but the starting price would still be at least 750 to a million. I don’t disagree with your premise, but think your values are off.

At this point, I'm fully comfortable handing over the keys to donaldross. I'm not even kidding. What do we have to lose?

I don’t think any coach at an ACC school would sign for anything close to 500k. Especially a 5 year deal. You could maybe get away with something that’s super incentive laden but the starting price would still be at least 750 to a million. I don’t disagree with your premise, but think your values are off.

My values are off? When I show up at the courthouse today to buy more houses I’m going to look at the trustee and say “Hey, this one is in a great neighborhood, I don’t think the house will feel right if I don’t pay 100k more. Can I raise my winning bid?”

Of course he’d look at me like the dumb fuck—just like I’m looking at you Ron—paying hundreds of thousands too much to a guy who last passed a test when his buddy slipped in for the SAT at Page back in ‘87.

My values are off? When I show up at the courthouse today to buy more houses I’m going to look at the trustee and say “Hey, this one is in a great neighborhood, I don’t think the house will feel right if I don’t pay 100k more. Can I raise my winning bid?”

Of course he’d look at me like the dumb fuck—just like I’m looking at you Ron—paying hundreds of thousands too much to a guy who last passed a test when his buddy slipped in for the SAT at Page back in ‘87.

Cool. Still off

Don't forget Larry giving Ed the big promotion

Kevin Keats did 4 years at UNC-W and parlayed that into a 6 year/2.2 mil deal. Plus he got State to the tourney in year 1.

No way Miller will take even 750K to go to Wake or Pitt for that matter.

Kevin Keats did 4 years at UNC-W and parlayed that into a 6 year/2.2 mil deal. Plus he got State to the tourney in year 1.

No way Miller will take even 750K to go to Wake or Pitt for that matter.

This

DR is buying houses at the moment. He will respond after his lunchtime Denny's waitress quickie. Please hold.

donaldross - who do you prefer between Pat Kelsey and Wes Miller?

1) Ole Miss just built a 120 million perfectly sized new arena.

2) You are right it is much harder to build there than Florida at this time.

3) There was a window there where only Ole Miss would know about White—their four year PG and multi year Assistant at La Tech. During this window, White absolutely would have taken a P5 job (especially at his alma mater) at a reasonable price. Once that window closed and White was a known commodity, Ole Miss was forever out of luck.

I wouldn't be surprised of Ole Miss has 10 times as many alumni as Wake. Makes it a lot easier to raise $120M.

donaldross - who do you prefer between Pat Kelsey and Wes Miller?

I have always preferred Miller over Kelsey for the primary reason that I truly believe Kelsey's destination job is Xavier. In fact, I think he may well end up there next year. If I'm wrong and they hire someone else, this really eliminates the distinction.

I have always preferred Miller over Kelsey for the primary reason that I truly believe Kelsey's destination job is Xavier. In fact, I think he may well end up there next year. If I'm wrong and they hire someone else, this really eliminates the distinction.

Where's Mack going?

Back