• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hitchcock Movies

DeacWatcher

Ricky Peral
Reaction score
Just finished watching Vertigo on TMT. An awesome movie, but Hitchcock wise I prefer North By Northwest. In the days of sequels & adons original movies rule.

What does the quad think? (ok moons lay the wood to me).

North By Northwest is probably my favorite as well. It's funny that you brought it up, because I just got it on Blu Ray last week. It combines the best of Hitch with the modern action movie (it has the feel of a Bond film) and mixes in such great dialogue to boot. The scene with Cary Grant and Eva Marie Saint talking on the train is still sexy as shit and so well done.

I need to watch Vertigo again. Always thought it was wonderfully filmed, of course, but it never really did a lot for me. In terms of the Hitch movies I've seen, I'd put it in the lower half, if not the lower third or fourth. Still, that puts it among some good company.

Don't forget this masterpiece with, arguably, the greatest score of all time:

I like all of those mentioned above but lately I have watched his last movie "Family Plots" and consider it outstanding. It's Hitchcock poking fun at conspiracy theorists and presenting the world the way it truly is: not run by successful omniscient conspirators but dominated by bumbling would be conspirators who inevitably stumble into each other.

I'm partial to Dial M For Murder. Then North by Northwest. Cary Grant is such a boss in it.

Dial M for Murder is awesome. Definitely one of my favorites and right up there with North by Northwest and Rear Window for me.

Suspicion, Notorious, Rope, Strangers on a Train, To Catch a Thief, The Man Who Knew Too Much....all classics that I can watch over and over!

I think it was RJ who recommended Rope way back in the day. That movie is astounding, especially given when it was made. The entire thing is a single cut (granted, they had to make cuts due to restraints, but it's shot like a single cut).

Back