• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Home Sauna

DeacWatcher

Ricky Peral
Reaction score
Has anyone got one of these? I have been using one occasionally at the local YMCA for over 20 years, but a friend that is moving to NYC has offered me his for a small price. Are they hard to keep up as far as cleaning and maintenance? While they are nice and relaxing, I don't want one where I am going to have to clean it every week to keep it up even if its basically free.

Had one in my house in STL. I loved it and it was very nice to be able to just jump into it, fire up the stones, and relax for a little while. I don't remember it being too much maintenance besides keeping it clean and occassionally making sure everything is working properly. Compared to a pool, it is cake walk.

I would kill to have one. Now I just turn up my shower an plug the door with a towel. Poor man's sauna.

What are we talking about here? A steam sauna, a dry sauna or a hot tub? Seems like all three have been discussed in the last 3 posts.

I am talking about a dry sauna.

I have one. It's a hand built standalone sauna right outside of my bedroom door. It was built as a wedding gift by the brother of the previous owner. About 8x8 with a high/low sitting area and all cedar lined. I can't say it's something I would have ever invested in myself, but I've enjoyed having it for the 3 months we've lived here so far. Standard electric heating with sauna rocks on top.

The lofts/apartments I managed a while back had pretty small (but nice) stone steam showers. I'm hoping to have an exact replica in my future house.

They had 4-body jets and a rain-top ceiling. It had a separate steam generator that could be run with or without the actual shower running.

There was a stone seat in the shower that would have been plenty big enough for 1 and just cozy enough for 2.

I know it's not the dry sauna you were asking about, but they seem to be pretty space/cost-conscious... and, lord almighty, were they enjoyable once in a while.

... here, I found a picture I took for listings, etc... If I find more, I'll post later on:

MsPvQqi.jpg

I've got a Mr. Steam in my shower. I used it this morning to loosen up some mucous from allergy season.

The lofts/apartments I managed a while back had pretty small (but nice) stone steam showers. I'm hoping to have an exact replica in my future house.

They had 4-body jets and a rain-top ceiling. It had a separate steam generator that could be run with or without the actual shower running.

There was a stone seat in the shower that would have been plenty big enough for 1 and just cozy enough for 2.

I know it's not the dry sauna you were asking about, but they seem to be pretty space/cost-conscious... and, lord almighty, were they enjoyable once in a while.

... here, I found a picture I took for listings, etc... If I find more, I'll post later on:

MsPvQqi.jpg

How was the water pressure in that with all of those jets and the raintop? Perhaps being in an apartment complex it would get better presure than in a house? I've been wanting to do something like that in my bathroom, but I'm worried that I would get it all set up and just get a piss trickle out with everything running at once. I've removed all of the low-flow washers on my current standard shower, and it still is only average at best. It rains every other damn day here and my dock just got flooded by 7 feet of water because Duke decided to open the dam to let out excess rainwater overflow, there is no water shortage; fucking pinkos. I need to feel like I am an elephant getting hosed off at the circus.

Back