• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hory Fruck!!

I remember that Obama was President then.

Trump & Co. need to tread carefully with NK and not play their hyperbole game. For 60 years we have let them run their mouth as a mostly successful strategy. Granted, nukes change the conversation a bit, but those guys aren't in a hurry to self-destruct. They will, however, gladly destroy their neighbors to the south if they come under attack. Barring a total and complete simultaneous obliteration of all their offensive capabilities, wargames with NK are not a good thing. Civilian casualties would be off the charts.

Trump & Co. need to tread carefully with NK and not play their hyperbole game. For 60 years we have let them run their mouth as a mostly successful strategy. Granted, nukes change the conversation a bit, but those guys aren't in a hurry to self-destruct. They will, however, gladly destroy their neighbors to the south if they come under attack. Barring a total and complete simultaneous obliteration of all their offensive capabilities, wargames with NK are not a good thing. Civilian casualties would be off the charts.

so trump is as bad or worse than obama, since he didnt' change course. cool

What’s that? Ah — Civilians? Don’t talk about — civilians? You kidding me? Civilians? They're not even American! Americans!

You're one of the few conservatives who care about either Korea. If Trump starts saber rattling against North Korea, he will have plenty of support from his party.

Do we still need a formal declaration of war? I know the war on terror has circumvented that but i don't see how you can claim North Korea falls under that at all. I can see a scenario where time sensitive we need to respond to something NK did but as long as they don't do anything trump can't just go with his famous sneak attack can he?

Do we still need a formal declaration of war? I know the war on terror has circumvented that but i don't see how you can claim North Korea falls under that at all. I can see a scenario where time sensitive we need to respond to something NK did but as long as they don't do anything trump can't just go with his famous sneak attack can he?

Grab em by the pussy with nuclear arms.

I may be naive or wrong on this but I'm not concerned with North Korea in the slightest. If I were South Korea I'd be nervous, but we're not South Korea. This reeks of China or Russia pushing buttons with North Korea in an attempt to provoke an off the cuff, poorly thought out response by an erratic president who is solely focused on appearances. Saber rattling at its finest. North Korea poses no legitimate threat to the US and this is just a "gotcha" effort by other powers to get America into a financial sinkhole trying to deal with them. There's no easy solution on how to address the country. No guarantee that removing Kim Jong-Un makes any difference and I don't think the regional hegemons are going to look too kindly on America bombing North Korea or covert operations to remove a leader.

I may be naive or wrong on this but I'm not concerned with North Korea in the slightest. If I were South Korea I'd be nervous, but we're not South Korea. This reeks of China or Russia pushing buttons with North Korea in an attempt to provoke an off the cuff, poorly thought out response by an erratic president who is solely focused on appearances. Saber rattling at its finest. North Korea poses no legitimate threat to the US and this is just a "gotcha" effort by other powers to get America into a financial sinkhole trying to deal with them. There's no easy solution on how to address the country. No guarantee that removing Kim Jong-Un makes any difference and I don't think the regional hegemons are going to look too kindly on America bombing North Korea or covert operations to remove a leader.

If North Korea attacked South Korea, it would probably have zero ramifications on the rest of the world.

That being said, I don't know that North Korea is a problem America can solve alone. I also don't know if we have a leader who can successfully build a coalition.

um, we'd definitely be drawn in to that conflict given our treaties with SK and giantic military presence there. And it would certainly upset the consumer market for phones and electronics worldwide, for starts

If North Korea attacked South Korea, it would probably have zero ramifications on the rest of the world.

If NK attacks SK, USA would be there immediately.

I should clarify that my earlier point was I'm not worried about America being attacked directly by NK. I also don't anticipate NK will attack anybody, but I am however worried that we aren't maintaining diplomatic contact with countries we should in regard to NK because we have a completely depleted State Department and no cohesive plan on foreign policy.

I should clarify that my earlier point was I'm not worried about America being attacked directly by NK. I also don't anticipate NK will attack anybody, but I am however worried that we aren't maintaining diplomatic contact with countries we should in regard to NK because we have a completely depleted State Department and no cohesive plan on foreign policy.

STOP with your conventional thinking. We've got TRUMP to shake up the establishment and MAGA!

If South Korea were attacked, there would be major economic fallout.

You're right we would be there to defend South Korea, which would potentially force China to choose sides. If North Korea set off nuclear bombs, who knows what would happen.

lol

Back