• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

House Investigations: Impeachment inquiry is officially on

Last edited:
Just outta curiosity, if not delivering info to the committee is a crime, why isn't leaking the stuff given to the committee a crime?

I mean I don’t think it’s above board to do but are they gonna spend resources hunting that down with the president committing impeachable offenses?

He had playing the bully all year double dog daring Pelosi to impeach him thinknig she never would. Now that she has, he doesn't have a second pitch.

Ranger posted a fricking hilarious note on the Trump BS thread. This morning, on worldwide TV, Trump said that during his time of owning Miss Universe there had been a winner from Ukraine. The only problem with this is there has never been a Miss Universe from Ukraine,

I mean I don’t think it’s above board to do but are they gonna spend resources hunting that down with the president committing impeachable offenses?

What's the actual answer though. It sorta explains why they might not want to share things with the committees if they can't be trusted not to leak shit.

What's the actual answer though. It sorta explains why they might not want to share things with the committees if they can't be trusted not to leak shit.

hard to prove someone dropped a copy of the USB drive on the way to the chamber on purpose

What’s the actual answer to what? No obviously people aren’t supposed to leak confidential information. You know that.

That doesn’t change that they’re required by law to turn this over. Those are apples and oranges.

What’s the actual answer to what? No obviously people aren’t supposed to leak confidential information. You know that.

That doesn’t change that they’re required by law to turn this over. Those are apples and oranges.

Seems like apples and apples. Impeach the president and arrest the leaker from the committee.

I have no idea if the whole "its not a member of the intelligence committee therefore it doesn't apply" legal take has any merit whatsoever, but ya can't blame someone for trying to get away with legal bullshit if you're conceding it will be leaked. In this case, more going after Biden's son 8 times with a fellow head of state is the more impeachable offense than trying to railroad a whistleblower complaint if its assured it would be leaked and look bad.

I have no idea if the whole "its not a member of the intelligence committee therefore it doesn't apply" legal take has any merit whatsoever, but ya can't blame someone for trying to get away with legal bullshit if you're conceding it will be leaked. In this case, more going after Biden's son 8 times with a fellow head of state is the more impeachable offense than trying to railroad a whistleblower complaint if its assured it would be leaked and look bad.

What are you talking about? It's going to be subject to a FOIA request in the future anyway and the legal obligation that you turn over whistleblower complaints to Congress (and the Senate unanimously voted to require the DNI to do so) has nothing to do with whether or not the complaint ends up being leaked. That's beyond idiotic.

Back