• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

House of Cards (End Date Set/Spacey Accused Sexual Assault)

this is why i can't understand how you cheer for frank. his killing the guy he tried to save was fine, but him having a genuine relationship with a man in college (be it gay, friendship, both?) is stupid or bad?

I'm not sure I want to root for Frank but it seems the show wants us to root for the Underwoods maybe?

I also think the whole killing the guy angle was stupid as well, it almost cheapens the effect of the show.

I didn't say the close relation ship was bad, it just seemed silly and heavy handed because they made it clear they were lovers. It does explain Frank's relationship with his wife a little I guess, but the addition of the gay angle just felt forced. The Clintons have a necessary political relationship like the Underwoods, I'm sure there are tons of others in DC on both sides of the aisle.

The heavy handed way they handled that relationship almost pales in comparison to the way they let Frank, not an underling or another character, kill Russo. Good point, I think I was so disappointed I've put that out of my mind.

Tony Soprano, to continue my theory, killed several people in the first season of the Sopranos yet most of us still rooted for Tony against the FBI until the last couple of seasons. If you rooted for the FBI from day one, you're a liar or a saint.

Why is a relationship "genuine" only if the people have sex with each other?

trying to get my girlfriend to binge watch season one in time for the premiere...

I'm not sure I want to root for Frank but it seems the show wants us to root for the Underwoods maybe?

I also think the whole killing the guy angle was stupid as well, it almost cheapens the effect of the show.

I didn't say the close relation ship was bad, it just seemed silly and heavy handed because they made it clear they were lovers. It does explain Frank's relationship with his wife a little I guess, but the addition of the gay angle just felt forced. The Clintons have a necessary political relationship like the Underwoods, I'm sure there are tons of others in DC on both sides of the aisle.

The heavy handed way they handled that relationship almost pales in comparison to the way they let Frank, not an underling or another character, kill Russo. Good point, I think I was so disappointed I've put that out of my mind.

Tony Soprano, to continue my theory, killed several people in the first season of the Sopranos yet most of us still rooted for Tony against the FBI until the last couple of seasons. If you rooted for the FBI from day one, you're a liar or a saint.

Why is a relationship "genuine" only if the people have sex with each other?

i don't think you understood my post if that's your response.

woahh.. minimized the screen for a second to check emails and heard it happen. crayyyy

"There is but one rule, hunt or be hunted. Welcome back."

Back