• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Houses and Renting both Suck

Deacon92

Reaction score
So finally had someone offer to rent my house in FL. Offers to pay the full year rent up front if we discount the total per month.. Sounds good, passes his credit checks.... Pays deposit, pro-rated rent etc.. Calls later and says can I have extra two weeks to pay full yr. WIfe says yes. two weeks and 6 days later pays 3 months in full. Wants to wait until Oct to pay rest in full. Doesn't want to pay pentalty for not paying in full. SOB.

Why so nice to plan on having payment in full. Wife finds house in GA in same school district and a lender that will be dumb enough to make us a home loan with downpayment. We buy house but it takes 2 extra weeks to close. house passes inspections, but in GA we're getting heavy rains.. Turns out three windows leak.. Seller/builder says suck it, I was out interest on the two extra weeks it took to close.

Lesson.. Don't buy a house and don't rent a house.

Vent over for now.

So what do you recommend? Card board boxes? Garbage dumpsters?

So finally had someone offer to rent my house in FL. Offers to pay the full year rent up front if we discount the total per month.. Sounds good, passes his credit checks.... Pays deposit, pro-rated rent etc.. Calls later and says can I have extra two weeks to pay full yr. WIfe says yes. two weeks and 6 days later pays 3 months in full. Wants to wait until Oct to pay rest in full. Doesn't want to pay pentalty for not paying in full. SOB.

Why so nice to plan on having payment in full. Wife finds house in GA in same school district and a lender that will be dumb enough to make us a home loan with downpayment. We buy house but it takes 2 extra weeks to close. house passes inspections, but in GA we're getting heavy rains.. Turns out three windows leak.. Seller/builder says suck it, I was out interest on the two extra weeks it took to close.

Lesson.. Don't buy a house and don't rent a house.

Vent over for now.

That's why you don't sign the rental agreement until you have the "up-front" payment. That's why it's called an "up-front" payment.

Back