• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Houston Firefighters

Unconfirmed reports of 1 LODD. According to the video, crews were performing CPR on at least one firefighter.

24 year old female probationary officer was killed. That whole story is incredibly sad.

24 year old female probationary officer was killed. That whole story is incredibly sad.

And no doubt can be attributed to the "truss-like" construction of the roof and lack of firebreaks in the common attic space.

Texas has lost 18 firefighters already this year, more than the last five years combined.

To put that into perspective, only 83 firefighters died nationally in 2012.

Damn. She was 1 month out of the academy.

While all of these deaths are tragic, I just imagine a family that was worried about their daughter working in such a dangerous field and her reassuring them.

Texas has lost 18 firefighters already this year, more than the last five years combined.

To put that into perspective, only 83 firefighters died nationally in 2012.

That is unacceptable. How many in structural collapses in commercial properties if you have that information?

I believe three separate incidents. The fertilizer plant, this, and an apartment fire.

Those were always the scariest to me. Thanks.

Terrible! May the Lord wrap his loving arms around the grieving families of these brave and selfless public servants.

tsy/ONW: I have a question to ask of you as former/current firefighters.

Can you help me with ideas for things that private citizens like myself can do to show firefighters how much they are appreciated? In years past, we have made cookies and brought them to the local fire station just to say thanks. What are some other tokens of appreciation that can be done that won't run afoul of any regulations or rules?

Apologies for the quality of the sound, the recording in Reliant Stadium wasn't the best. They really do things right in Texas, although its a shame that they've gotten so good at performing the ceremony.

Back