• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How Do We Reverse the Curse of the Nut Punch

WakeFanatic

Reaction score
Nothing has gone right, specifically in basketball, since. Does CP need to come back and, in a ceremony on the quad, let Julius Hodge punch him in the balls? Would a Wake fan, in a similar ceremony on the quad, volunteering as tribute to be punched in the nuts by a State fan suffice? Any suggestions are welcome.

These are good ideas. Maybe in the State game at Wake we need DJ Burns to punch someone in the nuts (maybe Keller)?

That nut punch was really the beginning of the end of my passion for Wake basketball. After that game and the end of that season, I just really stopped caring like I used to. The decline of Wake, the expansion of the ACC, the death of Skip. The 2009 and 2010 seasons were fun but I knew that they wouldn't amount to anything. Then there came the really dark times. Terrible coaches. And now with the transfer portal and NIL, I don't even know who is on the team anymore. Back in the day, I could name the starters on every ACC team. Now I doubt that I can name even one player on most of them.

I'm pretty good friends with a Pound Puppy fan. I have season tickets. Maybe I should extend him an invitation to the Wake/State game this year and let him punch me in the nuts at halftime at center court?

I nominate Les.

He can go from a virtual punching bag to a real life hero!

I'm pretty good friends with a Pound Puppy fan. I have season tickets. Maybe I should extend him an invitation to the Wake/State game this year and let him punch me in the nuts at halftime at center court?
I don't think it will work if it is completely premeditated. I suggest you invite your friend and at some point in the game you grab his hand and wrench his wrist, and then you hope he punches you in the nuts. Keep us updated.

I don't think it will work if it is completely premeditated. I suggest you invite your friend and at some point in the game you grab his hand and wrench his wrist, and then you hope he punches you in the nuts. Keep us updated.
Invite his gf too. And boob graze her. Then cover your face leaving nuts exposed

We have to let Jules punch CP3 in the nuts.

We haven’t won since then, but neither has Chris. Maybe having millions isn’t satisfying for him and he’d be up for it in exchange for NCAA and NBA titles.

Tim Duncan - No curse, five rings
Chris Paul - Curse, no rings

Back