• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How do you get Wake to win 2018 National Championship?

Is that a trend in who we're recruiting or who we're getting?

I thought that was who we were signing, but taking a look at our weight and height the five years seem almost interchangeable. Maybe it's more of a mobility thing, or maybe I'm just incorrect.

I thought we had switched up strategies recruiting-wise on the O-Line.

We've definitely switched strategies on the O-line and are going back to the style we used to run in 2006-2008 if what I've heard is right. Which it may not be.

Ok. I just think we take the best OL we can get regardless of size or skill set. I don't have any evidence of that though. I do think it's the only way for us to go. We can't be choosy about getting big bodies. We just need to seal the deal with better players and coach them better and give them a consistent system to run. It's pretty worthless to have a rSR O-lineman playing in his 3rd or 4th offensive scheme.

Ok. I just think we take the best OL we can get regardless of size or skill set. I don't have any evidence of that though. I do think it's the only way for us to go. We can't be choosy about getting big bodies. We just need to seal the deal with better players and coach them better and give them a consistent system to run. It's pretty worthless to have a rSR O-lineman playing in his 3rd or 4th offensive scheme.

Agreed. I do think it would be in our interest to get back to cut blocking.

We've definitely switched strategies on the O-line and are going back to the style we used to run in 2006-2008 if what I've heard is right. Which it may not be.

That's propaganda, #1. Number #2, our offense wasn't all that good from 2006-08 except for a few notable games. The defense/special teams and Swank did a disproportionate amount of scoring and provided great field position, especially in 2007.

Three pages and a few tags and this is the only mention of Lobo?:wtf:

Why would Lobo be mentioned in a thread about National Championship run?

The premise is that Grobe retired and you're hired. None of us would keep Lobo.

Why would Lobo be mentioned in a thread about National Championship run?

The premise is that Grobe retired and you're hired. None of us would keep Lobo.

Along with this, I'd re-allocate a lot of my salary to get a highly respected assistant/recruiter.

Back