• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How does this happen?

tsywake

Sheikh of Smoke
Staff member
Reaction score
Their logo seems to have a Jesus in the background too. Also not a good idea. Someone at this company needs to take some global marketing courses.

Probably a State fan behind it.

I got banned on Pack Pride for defending everything UNC did to remember her and criticizing what Duke didn't do for their victim.

Probably a State fan behind it.

I got banned on Pack Pride for defending everything UNC did to remember her and criticizing what Duke didn't do for their victim.

Don't remember how it was brought up, but I remember a then-UNC student telling me shortly after her death that Eve's life was more valuable than Skip's because she was younger and had more potential.

To answer your question, they probably just tossed in some generic search term then jacked some pictures, knowing nothing about origin. The world is random.

That's probably not the answer you're looking for though.

Yeah, the Statefans really made complete jackasses out of themselves over Eve Carson. I get the point: Blonde white coed is murdered and people flip out; exchange dude from India is murdered and people don't flip out. But the way they made their point was disgusting and unnecessary.

To answer your question, they probably just tossed in some generic search term then jacked some pictures, knowing nothing about origin. The world is random.

That's probably not the answer you're looking for though.

Oh I know, but I was trying to think of a catchy title to describe my rage. I'm sure its an innocent enough mistake, and probably goes on more often than we hear about, but its still pretty outrageous.

Yea, I honestly do not think that they were thinking "EVE CARSON DIED. SHES FAMOUS. LETS CAPITALIZE ON THIS". I doubt many people in India even know of Eve Carson. It was probably more along the lines of 'google search: attractive young blonde girl' and they used one of the images.

While this is still bad, it would be worse if they did not take down these images after knowing what happened.

Believe you me, she's pretty pissed about the entire thing.

It was probably more along the lines of 'google search: attractive young blonde girl' and they used one of the images.

Not to sidetrack this but the results I get for that search term aren't usable on a public billboard.

Not to sidetrack this but the results I get for that search term aren't usable on a public billboard.

I understand that, but are you saying their thoughts were "EVE CARSON DIED. SHES FAMOUS. LETS CAPITALIZE ON THIS"?

Back