• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How Expensive Is Danny Manning

Hey you cant put a price tag on fun and boy are we having fun!

what is he making? tulsa offered him 1 million. am i correct in thinking it is in the 2 million neighborhood?

what is he making? tulsa offered him 1 million. am i correct in thinking it is in the 2 million neighborhood?

It was reported at $2M (no clue what it actually is).

At that pace he averaged $181,818 per win this season, and $166,666 per win in two years.

Last edited:
How much does he make per loss...the amount per game does go down but it can easily be made up in volume.

Instead of talking about our team in the NCAA tourney, we get to talk about how much our coach makes per win or loss.

Wait till next year!

The more important question is, "How much does Ron Wellman make, and why the hell is he still employed at Wake Forest after unilaterally torching the men's basketball program?"

Last edited:
Our willingness to pay a coach $2MM+ may be the only thing to keep us relevant in the near future. There's not a whole lot of other reasons to come coach at Wake in this environment.

you gotta pay to play in the acc. unfortunately the smartest guy in the room keeps paying the wrong people... and we keep allowing it.

you gotta pay to play in the acc. unfortunately the smartest guy in the room keeps paying the wrong people... and we keep allowing it.

I don't think he is the smartest guy in the room . . . far from it . . . but I do agree that we do need to stop him from paying the wrong people.

Well, last year each ACC team got about $2m as its share from the NCAA tournament. This year, it will be more than $2m with 6 teams still alive. That alone should pay for a couple more wins!

Show us the money! (while the team sits at home watching the NCAAT again with the rest of us). :(

Just saw an article from last summer on the ACC's per school share. As reported on its 2013-14 tax return, per school share was an average of $19.3m with Wake getting $17.9m (because we didn't sniff a bowl game). That's an $8m increase over the previous 6 years as the per school share was $11.8 in 2007-08. I don't know what our expenses are but that's an assload of money.

I don't think he is the smartest guy in the room . . . far from it . . . but I do agree that we do need to stop him from paying the wrong people.

cagles is that you?

of course he is not.

he just finds himself in a lot of rooms with people that buy his bs (and it's the same song over and over). sure makes HIM feel like he's the smartest guy in the room.

Back