• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How is this game not on television?

1976Deac

Reaction score
I was told last night that there is no television coverage for this game. Surely that isn't correct. A little help...

TWC Triad channel 519 (special events)

To answer your question, two weeks ago TV people thought we sucked.

Well, that sucks. I figured a game the middle of October between two ACC teams with no conference losses would get at least Fox or ESPNU coverage.

A man has got to have his priorities in life. Might have to revise the old social schedule for this evening. I can hear it now. Sorry, Mrs. 1976Deac, I know you and your friends all agreed to eat tonight at this sports bar/restaurant so "we" could watch the game, instead of where you and your friends all wanted to eat, but there's going to be a very slight - hardly even noticeable - change of plans... I'm sure that won't be a problem.

All I have to say is the Deacs better win this damn game for all of the flatbed load of shit I'm about to take from Mrs. 1976Deac's friends.

TWC Triad channel 519 (special events)

To answer your question, two weeks ago TV people thought we sucked.

People thought VT sucked too.

TV learned their lesson and 6 dayed the Wake/Duke game.

Normally I wouldn't care, but I can't make the game today and will be stuck at a wedding, contemplating the groom's death.

It really is amazing. In VA they would televise Bud Foster getting a cup of coffee.

A Tennessee fan. I now hate Tennessee.

You'll get your revenge. During the reception turn on the LSU/Tennessee game in one of the side rooms and fire up a cigar. Then tell him you screwed his wife a couple years ago Tiger style.

Douchebags get married in the fall.

I don't really get why FSU/Duke is on TV, but Wake/VT isn't.

Well, that sucks. I figured a game the middle of October between two ACC teams with no conference losses would get at least Fox or ESPNU coverage.

A man has got to have his priorities in life. Might have to revise the old social schedule for this evening. I can hear it now. Sorry, Mrs. 1976Deac, I know you and your friends all agreed to eat tonight at this sports bar/restaurant so "we" could watch the game, instead of where you and your friends all wanted to eat, but there's going to be a very slight - hardly even noticeable - change of plans... I'm sure that won't be a problem.

All I have to say is the Deacs better win this damn game for all of the flatbed load of shit I'm about to take from Mrs. 1976Deac's friends.

If you're local, there's a lot of sports bars that will have the game on their TVs. If you have the sports package on TWC, it's on channel 519

Almost have to wonder if Raycom tried to put us at 12:30 and Wake said thanks but no thanks since because of homecoming. When the schedule was set this game was just as compelling as Wake versus FSU, and there aren't exactly good matchups.

If it is not on TV, why is a 6:30 game?

It is a pain for those who must come from a distance!

Back