• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How long before an international flight out of GSO?

ProudWFGrad

Reaction score
Mrs ProudWFGrad and I are headed to St Martin for a week and I have never really understood why you have to arrive in GBO 2 hours before an international flight.

The flight has a connection in Dulles before heading to the Caribbean.

The flight is balls early, so there wont be any lines.

My question to you, The Pit, is do you get to a small airport like GBO 2 hours before a connection flight if it will eventually be international travel?

GBO-->GSO thanks everybody

Last edited:
Mrs ProudWFGrad and I are headed to St Martin for a week and I have never really understood why you have to arrive in GBO 2 hours before an international flight.

The flight has a connection in Dulles before heading to the Caribbean.

The flight is balls early, so there wont be any lines.

My question to you, The Pit, is do you get to a small airport like GBO 2 hours before a connection flight if it will eventually be international travel?

Never

I usually get there around an hour beforehand, and have never had a problem. I love the ease of going through Gboro security.

I think thee is more matching of people to bags on international flights.

Also on US flights lots of people don't check bags. This saves them lots of time.

45 minutes tops for any flight out of gbo

Try to check in for an international flight less than 45 minutes before departure at GSO, or any other airport for that matter, and see what happens.

I'd always rather be a bit too early than miss my flight. Personally, I'd probably aim for 90 minutes early (and get there 75 minutes early).

Congrats to you & the new Mrs. PWFG. Get some pictures on facebook!

I was at first confused by the thread title when I read it as GDO and wondered what this had to do with Dave Odom.

meh, I think the winner is RTQ06. thanks everybody - been awhile since I've been out of the country.

45 minutes tops for any flight out of gbo

Depends the carrier. I have never figured out why they can not space the departure times for few flights they have leaving each day. If you get there during a popular time, the line can easily cause you to miss a flight when only allowing 45 minutes. But in the early a.m., 45minutes and you are fine

I'd always rather be a bit too early than miss my flight. Personally, I'd probably aim for 90 minutes early (and get there 75 minutes early).

Congrats to you & the new Mrs. PWFG. Get some pictures on facebook!

+1
Always been a fan of the “beer at the gate beats an overnight wait"

Until someone said Greensboro, I had no idea what airport was being discussed. Only GSO would register as Greensboro. It's like if someone says OIA referring to Orlando International, I have no idea (Orlando is MCO).

Until someone said Greensboro, I had no idea what airport was being discussed. Only GSO would register as Greensboro. It's like if someone says OIA referring to Orlando International, I have no idea (Orlando is MCO).

come on you idiots, everybody immediately thinks of the orlando airport when they see MCO

come on you idiots, everybody immediately thinks of the orlando airport when they see MCO

Anybody who travels a lot knows that MCO is Orlando just like they know that IAH is Houston Intercontinental and ORD is O'Hare.

I travel international very often. Here is what I go by -

If I am getting a domestic connection to an international flight, I arrive 45min earlier (checked bags or not). I always check in online.

If I am directly getting on an international flight, the time I arrive at an airport depends on where I'm flying out of. RDU - 1 hour. JFK/IAD/other major airports - 2 hours.

All that's important is Toronto is YYZ.

Back