• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How Long Does It Take You To Fall Asleep At Night?

How long does it take you to fall asleep?

• 0-5 minutes

Votes: 21 16.4%
  • 5-10 minutes

Votes: 26 20.3%
  • 10-15 minutes

Votes: 24 18.8%
  • 15-20 minutes

Votes: 23 18.0%
  • 20-25 minutes

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • 25-30 minutes

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • 30-35 minutes

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • 35-40 minutes

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • 40-45 minutes

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • More than 45 minutes

Votes: 14 10.9%

• Total voters
I am good friends with at least 2 couples who this. One couple is married and the other is dating. So in my experience it is not that uncommon.

Are your friends in their 70s?

My parents have done this for a while.

My dad goes to bed late, snores a ton, and gets up a a couple times each night to go to the bathroom. On weekdays he gets up at 8ish to get ready for work, but on weekends he gets up at like 6 to play golf.

My mom goes to bed early, gets up at 6:30 on weekdays and sleeps in on weekends.

So there are a lot of reasons they sleep separately, all adding up to both of them sleeping better.

I don't think its particularly strange. I don't know if its common, but its definitely not rare. Heck George's parents on Seinfeld sleep separately (and yea they are kind of crazy, but if it was on TV 15 years ago, I can't believe people have never heard of this)

I don't think the idea is all that crazy. Just crazy for young people.

security blankets

sleeping in separate rooms is the new thing. maybe he snores. maybe she takes all the covers. some people just need their space when they sleep.

I'm a thrasher and a blanket stealer. We now have a bigger bed and seperate blankets... Separate rooms? I'd never sleep.

I mean I can see how it's appealing to have your bed to yourself and I probably sleep better in a bed alone, but I'd rather snuggle up with my boo than sleep in a bed alone

#realtalk
My hubby jerks, twitches, mumbles, and even grinds his teeth sometimes depending on how stressed he was when he went to bed and I'm a very light sleeper. I just give him a nudge or wiggle the bed and tell him what he's doing. He usually stops, never remembers the episode, and I fall back asleep within a couple minutes. Not having him in bed with me keeps me up for hours, sometimes preventing sleep at all. Even white noise doesn't substitute a good snugglin'. Blissful night of quiet, uninterrupted sleep loses out to up twice a night hands down.

I said 10-15, but I'm a very light sleeper and wake up at the drop of a hat, so it can take me longer. Also, I usually wake up 3 or 4 times a night, and it is rare that I sleep any more than three hours uninterrupted.

i answered 5-10, but often it's 0-5. i usually am getting 7-8 hours of sleep, but with my running schedule these days, i think i should really be closer to 9 hours/night, so i kind of always operate as pretty tired, which makes falling asleep really easy. on wednesday nights, since i don't run on wednesdays, it takes longer to fall asleep (still only 10-15 though). extreme amounts of exercise daily will take care of all kinds of sleeping problems.

"Falls asleep like that. Look at him, the guys lights out before his head hit's the pack."

"Clear conscience. What's the saying? 'If God's on our side, who the hell could be on theirs?'"

"If God be for us, who could be against us?"

Back