• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How many 2000-2009 1st team all ACC players can you remember

His stats were solid, but not knock-your-socks-off great:

Season GP MPG PPG FG% 3FG% FT% APG RPG BPG SPG
2003-04 33 29.8 16.5 43.3 40.7 75.9 2.1 4.5 0.3 2.5

Bit surprising since there were six very good teams in the conference that year, and FSU wasn't one of them. Maybe canceled out votes for other guys

He actually got the 3rd most votes on that team.

http://www.wakeforestsports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/031004aaa.html

It was close for Redick over Gray for the 5th spot though.

AD Vasallo looked like an nba'er when he played us. still completely blank on zabian. how do i forget a dude named zabian?

he was easily their best player on VT's only NCAA Tournament team.

i only missed Solomon, Alvin Jones and Grundy (have no idea how i missed him)

it took me a while to remember E Scott, Tim Pickett and McClinton (even though he was pretty recent)

for Maryland's 2003 selection, I entered in Drew Nicholas like three times thinking it had to be a mistake, then I remembered Steve Blake (for some reason I always thought he graduated in '02 w/ Dixon and Baxter)

the one that killed me that i couldn't get was demarcus nelson. completely forgot he existed. same with zabian dowdell. the rest were from 99-02.

yeah, i had some trouble remembering some of the Duke selections post-Reddick. Those Duke teams seemed like garbage compared to the Duke teams from '98 to '06 (as did most of the ACC to be fair)

Missed:
Will Solomon
Alvin Jones
Anthony Grundy
Dahntay Jones
Zabian Dowdell
DeMarcus Nelson

Most happy with myself for getting Pickett

I'm sure this will disappoint you, but I got a 44 and missed the exact same players. For the life of me, I have no recollection of Alvin Jones.

I didn't remember Alvin or Dahntay Jones, but was rushed for time and typed in Smith and Jones and both hit lol

My mind completely blanks when trying to name non-Wake/Duke/UNC/NCSU players.

I remembered (after the fact) all of the ones on the teams except Dowdell (though name sounds familiar), Alvin Jones, and Edward Scott

Trevor Booker never made first team all ACC? What a shame. Loved his game.

Trevor Booker never made first team all ACC? What a shame. Loved his game.

I could have sworn he did and was surprised he didn't show up....after the quiz I went and looked it up and he did make the 1st Team after his Senior Year which was the year after this quiz ended 09-10.

Webb Simpson 2006-07-08
Bill Haas 2001-02-03-04

Question didn't spell out what sport so I thought I would throw in a little golf. :thumbsup:

Back