• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How Many Basketball Wins in 2015-2016?

Never too early...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes. I'm saying that an infusion of freshman, probably one in particular, and a year of maturity for existing freshman could cause us to turn the corner to being a winning program. Or, we can just wring our hands, piss ourselves and talk about how we are going to lose again.

Mitch/Crawford at the one, CMM at 2 with Madison playing some meaningful minutes, Hudson/GMc, Dinos/Collins should be a strong position, and Devin at the 5 with Moore getting about 10 to 12 minutes a game.

I'm cautiously optimistic about that team, especially due to who should no longer be playing.

I feel like Crawford and CMM can play at the same time as long as Crab and Dinos are in.

Really hope Collins and Moore can help provide at least a bit more post defense. We really need help there. At the very least we should have more options. Hopefully that doesn't mean even more machine gun substitutions though.

Mitch/Crawford at the one, CMM at 2 with Madison playing some meaningful minutes, Hudson/GMc, Dinos/Collins should be a strong position, and Devin at the 5 with Moore getting about 10 to 12 minutes a game.

I'm cautiously optimistic about that team, especially due to who should no longer be playing.

I'd like it a lot better with one more two-guard.

Yes. I'm saying that an infusion of freshman, probably one in particular, and a year of maturity for existing freshman could cause us to turn the corner to being a winning program. Or, we can just wring our hands, piss ourselves and talk about how we are going to lose again.

As long as you aren't wringing your hands and pissing yourself when we inevitably perform as our talent level would suggest (17ish wins 80-90 Kenpom).

Need to bring in a shooting guard. Shooters , shooters , shooters please . Duke and Notre Dame are both loaded with shooters. Shooting is an integral part of winning basketball . Isn't the goal to throw the ball into the peach basket?

Shooting is going to be key. Unfortunately it seems that the part of Crawford's game that will need work is his shot. I'm hoping Wilbekin can develop into a Justin Grey type shooter. We'll see, but I'm excited to see how the style of our team starts to change.

Ceiling is probably NCAA bubble. NIT or bust.

NCAA's for sure in 2017.

Shooting is going to be key. Unfortunately it seems that the part of Crawford's game that will need work is his shot. I'm hoping Wilbekin can develop into a Justin Grey type shooter. We'll see, but I'm excited to see how the style of our team starts to change.

Seriously? Another point guard who can't shoot? My Lord...

I think we have a serious chance to make the NCAAs next year. Devin and CMM will be seniors, Dinos will have a year of physical maturity under his belt; and I think Collins has a chance to be a boss. Moore looks like a guys who may take a year or two to start meaningfully contributing. Collins could really help us turn the corner. We have no one playing above the rim right now. He will change that.

If Collins is good enough to be the reason we make it to the dance, then he will turn pro after his freshman year.

As an aside, 'member when people were concerned about Miller-McIntyre or Thomas turning pro early?

I went with 17-18 wins. I think we're going to be a substantially better team next year. I really like what I see in Hudson and Dinos, and just replacing Leonard with a better defender off the bench should be huge. Having a back up point guard that can actually be a threat to score (either Wilbekin or Crawford) should help get rid of some of the long scoring droughts we saw this year.

If our bench rotation next year is Crawford/Hudson/Collins with Rountree and Jones filling in at spots, I think that's likely to be better than what we had this year. Unfortunately, that's still not enough post depth to really contend in the ACC. I don't expect anything out of Moore next year and I'm afraid we've seen enough of Washington to know what he has to offer. If we do decide to play Crawford with CMM, we're basically going to have to play them with both Dinos and Hudson to retain any kind of spacing. I like Dinos a lot, but I like him better if we have a steadier perimeter defender out there to stop penetration so we don't have to rely on him protecting the rim. In a lot of ways I think Dinos is going to be the key to next season: if he can become a mediocre defender and continue his good offensive play, then I think we'll really have something in him.

I'm really hoping that McClinton's play this year was a product of coming off of a major injury and we see a more aggressive defensive player in him next year.

If Collins is good enough to be the reason we make it to the dance, then he will turn pro after his freshman year.

As an aside, 'member when people were concerned about Miller-McIntyre or Thomas turning pro early?

eh, collins could be a huge addition just by being a competent defensive player which dinos and leonard were not.

is john brown as a post-grad an option?

We win 20 next year. Manning is going to schedule a bunch of cupcakes early in the year. Need to make sure we enter the November signing period with a bunch of W's to have any shot at Giles and company. We will be a much better team. All three freshman bring something to the table, and our three freshman from this year will all be bigger stronger and more adept to play the college game. We probably won't make the NCAA tournament, but we will be a strong NIT team for sure.

We win 20 next year. Manning is going to schedule a bunch of cupcakes early in the year. Need to make sure we enter the November signing period with a bunch of W's to have any shot at Giles and company. We will be a much better team. All three freshman bring something to the table, and our three freshman from this year will all be bigger stronger and more adept to play the college game. We probably won't make the NCAA tournament, but we will be a strong NIT team for sure.

latest

Crawford is a pretty good shooter from outside. He's not going to concentrate on it as he likes to drive and score/dish but he has nice form on his shot.

We played a reeeeeeeally tough slate this year and easily could have hit 16-17 wins with players like Jones, Leonard, Rountree. These are guys who really should not be sniffing an ACC court who played major minutes.

Sub in 3 T100 guys and that should easily be another 3-4 wins.

We played a reeeeeeeally tough slate this year and easily could have hit 16-17 wins with players like Jones, Leonard, Rountree. These are guys who really should not be sniffing an ACC court who played major minutes.

Sub in 3 T100 guys and that should easily be another 3-4 wins.

I agree with you on Leonard and Roundtree. I don't expect Tree to play much at all next season, but Madison has come a long way and deserves credit. (I admit to being a huge critic of him for the first 2.5 years.) He can't shoot, which is why I hate having him on the court with Codi, but Madison played really solid defense, cut way down on the sloppy ball handling, and showed a very serviceable drive game. He will have a big role next year, and deserves it.

He seems like a nice kid and is probably an above avg defender, but he still sucks. No reliable offensive game whatsoever. Look at the teams in the semis of the ACCT. They don't have guards who can't finish drives or make 3s

Back