• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How Many Games Will The Wake Forest Demon Deacons Football Team Win This Season (2023) ?

How Many Games Will The Wake Forest Demon Deacons Football Team Win This Season (2023) ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Biff Tannen

Franchise Quarterback on a Rookie Contract
Staff Member
Reaction score
Regular season prediction only. We play 12 regular season games this season. The ACCCG would be a thirteenth game, is considered postseason, and is not included in this total.

1693232910621.png

Show us how much you love Mitch Griffis. How sturdy is the OL ? How deep are we at WR ? Have teams figured out the slow mesh ? What will the defense look like this season ? Will we win enough games to maintain our bowl streak ?

I went with 7. I'm assuming we start 4-0, but our linebacker room gets eaten by sharks during the off week, Griffis loses two fingers to frostbite at the ND game, and the team is still in a tryptophan coma when they play at Syracuse. So, we'll have some stuff to overcome.

seven with limping through the finish line. Looking at the season in quarters
1st: 3-0 (Elon, Vandy, ODU)
2nd: 1-2 (GT)
3rd: 2-1 (Pitt, VT)
4th: 1-2 (Duke)

I think the middle of the road outcome is about 7 wins.

Out of the first 4 games (Elon, Vandy, ODU, GT) I'd expect ~3.5 wins. The next 4 games (Clemson, VT, Pitt, FSU) I'd expect ~1.5 wins. The final 4 games I'd expect ~2 wins (Duke, NC State, ND, Cuse). If I had to call my shot now, I'd say we beat Elon, Vandy, ODU, GT, VT, NC State, and Cuse.

If we have less than 3 wins after 4 games, we absolutely are not making a bowl without incredible mid-season improvement.

I'd be curious to see what this poll would look like in the hypothetical world where Hartman is playing his last season here instead of at ND. Everyone would probably bump their projection by about 1 win?

I'd be curious to see what this poll would look like in the hypothetical world where Hartman is playing his last season here instead of at ND. Everyone would probably bump their projection by about 1 win?
Yeah one win is probably accurate with our defense. He's great and all but he cant get stops for us on 3rd down

Here's a thought. Maybe the new rules about not stopping the clock on first down will help our defense as there will be fewer plays in the game. Therefore our defense will not be as gassed in the fourth quarter and we'll win 10 games.

Very bullish on this team
Elon-W
Vandy-W
ODU-W
GT-W
Clem-L
VT-W
Pitt-W
FSU-L
Duke-W (Toss up)
NC State-W
Notre Dame-L
Syracuse-W

Final prediction, 9-3.

Went with 8. 7 + bowl game. Losses to Clemson, ND, and three of FSU, State, Duke, Pitt, and Cuse.

6 regular season wins. Slight step back, but pretty great that 6 wins is a step back.

I don't see the horses on the DL (specifically at DT). Injuries are already at problem at LB, and we are missing 1 competent CB. Losing Greene hurts (although less at WR than it would at almost any other position on the team). I think the RBs net out better this year than last. OL should be better. I think Griffis will be fine. 4-0 to start, then get VT and Syracuse.

6 regular season wins. Slight step back, but pretty great that 6 wins is a step back.

I don't see the horses on the DL (specifically at DT). Injuries are already at problem at LB, and we are missing 1 competent CB. Losing Greene hurts (although less at WR than it would at almost any other position on the team). I think the RBs net out better this year than last. OL should be better. I think Griffis will be fine. 4-0 to start, then get VT and Syracuse.
As a long time Wake fan, 6-6 still seems fine to for rebuilding season. But oh man, starting out 4-0 and 5-1 then losing 5 straight would be miserable especially losing a second straight to Duke and State.

I don't see the horses on the DL (specifically at DT).
Right? Like we couldn't sell Kobie Turner's season as a way to get some D-line transfers, instead we get a Patriot league guy and a D3 guy, who maybe prove rotational.

I think the middle of the road outcome is about 7 wins.

Out of the first 4 games (Elon, Vandy, ODU, GT) I'd expect ~3.5 wins. The next 4 games (Clemson, VT, Pitt, FSU) I'd expect ~1.5 wins. The final 4 games I'd expect ~2 wins (Duke, NC State, ND, Cuse). If I had to call my shot now, I'd say we beat Elon, Vandy, ODU, GT, VT, NC State, and Cuse.

If we have less than 3 wins after 4 games, we absolutely are not making a bowl without incredible mid-season improvement.
If we don't beat Elon, Vandy, and ODU something has gone very wrong.

Wake will be double digit favorites in the first four games I imagine. Around 30 this week. Like 2 TDs or so for Vandy and GT. 20ish for ODU?

Back