• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How many more games does Wake finish with positive rushing yards?

How many more games does Wake finish with positive rushing yards?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ayo

What up, Bird?
Reaction score
Wake is now DFL in D1 in rushing yards.

Rushing yards per game:

121. Massachusetts: 59.8
122. Washington State: 52.2
123. SMU: 44.3
124. Kent State: 44.0
125. Wake Forest: 29.2

Our rushing efforts to date:

@ ULM: -3
vs. Gardner-Webb: 96
@ Utah State: -25
vs. Army: 100
@ Louisville: -22

With 7 games left, how many more games do we finish with positive rushing yards?

Last edited:
better question: do we finish the year with positive rushing yards? When is the last time someone failed that?

I'm pretty sure that's never happened. We had 100 rushing yards against Army and 96, I think, against Gardner-Webb......and minus 50 total rushing yards in the other three games (all negative yardage games). So if you throw out the Gardner-Webb game, we are averaging just over 12 rushing yards per game against FBS competition.

Florida State and Clemson are going to push -100 each

It's worth noting that YALE put up 335 rushing yards (and 49 points) against Army yesterday.

I'm no football expert but there have got to be some better plays we can run to get something going or slow down defenses that get to the QB or RB instantly.

I'm no football expert but there have got to be some better plays we can run to get something going or slow down defenses that get to the QB or RB instantly.

Timid OL and backs that run like they're in quicksand. No fullback and with Martin and Gibson being low character guys it is what it is. Going take a Clawson a little while to fix Grobe's crap.

Timid OL and backs that run like they're in quicksand. No fullback and with Martin and Gibson being low character guys it is what it is. Going take a Clawson a little while to fix Lobo and Grobe's crap.:mad:

FIFY

Can we just ban Bob? Gotta think he'd be happier not dealing with Wake or its fans. It would be the pro Humanitate thing to do.

Not even sure how bkf is seeing this thread, unless he's peeking. I know for certain he has me on ignore, and I thought you couldn't view an entire thread started by someone on your ignore list.

Last edited:
You have to budget at least -50 yds/game on sacks alone for every game. Obviously more against the better teams but even Cuse is gonna sack us 5 or 6 times.

I feel like like it'll take a defensive breakdown on an individual play where we randomly bust a long run, a la Josh Harris at VT, for us to have positive rushing yds for a game again. I have no confidence that our normal play design will get us there.

We should give him his own "playground" thread like KA and let him post whatever he wants, freely, on that thread. Seriously.

Works for me. Should work for him - it's not like he posts here for the interaction - he thinks everyone's an idiot but him and he has half the board ignored.

Yeah, LOL. It's going to take "a little while". (And in a few years you might wish that you had "Grobe's crap" back. He was only the winningest football coach that WF has had in its entire history in the ACC. What a damned bunch of unappreciative fans.)

bob or boob?

The funny thing is that I really appreciate Grobe and everything he meant to WFU, but it became pretty clear that it wasn't working anymore. We don't pay 7 figure salaries to our coaches for the rest of time in appreciation for success they had in the past.

The worst season long rushing performance I could find was Washington State: 29.7 yds/game in 2012. Their four worst rushing games were -18, -8, -5, and -4 yds. We have a damn good chance to "beat" that record.

I-Formation and just bang it up the middle all night this Saturday against F$U. It keeps Wolford safe and keeps the clock running. No chance we end up with negative yards at the end of the night. Kinal's leg may fall off, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

Back