• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How many of the Star Wars movies have you seen?

How many Star Wars movies have you seen?

• Total voters
I really don't understand how it's possible to have not seen any of them. I mean, what the fuck?

The prequel trilogy was bad but I enjoyed them. I actually don't think they were super far off -- with some aggressive cuts, a few plot changes and one or two casting changes they could have been solid.

There is a prequels supercut on YouTube that edits all three into one movie. I saw the beginning and it basically puts almost all of Phantom in the title credits and starts with the light saber battle vs. Darth Maul.

I can't even approximate the number of times I've seen 4-6. I think I've seen 1 twice and the next two once and I'll die at that number for that series.

I'll take extra geek cred for watching The Clone Wars (canon) as well as other expanded universe stuff.

I never watched clone wars. Until now. My daughter and I watched rebels and are now into season 1 of clone wars. Haven't shown her the live action stuff bc she has questions about the cartoons but is really loving it... and watching together. Admit I love it too. Can't wait to show her the original trilogy. Wife enjoys the comic book or Sci fi movie with me but does not understand.

I really don't understand how it's possible to have not seen any of them. I mean, what the fuck?
Sci-fi movies don't interest me in the slightest, so I don't watch 'em. :noidea:

I've seen episodes 4 &5 about 20 or 25 times each. I saw Star Wars in the theater a few times when it first came out and I was 8 years old. You fucking millennials have no idea how big that movie was.

This. Own them on blu-ray and am appropriately indoctrinating the soon to be 5 year old...

There is a prequels supercut on YouTube that edits all three into one movie. I saw the beginning and it basically puts almost all of Phantom in the title credits and starts with the light saber battle vs. Darth Maul.

Just read this lost. Sounds fantastic. Also, anyone that compares lord of the rings movies (not hobbit "trilogy") to star wars eps 1-3 is... a little slow.

one thing im sure i'll consider on my deathbed is my failure to put more time into rewatching seminal adventure-sci fi movies

I don't understand the people that have seen 5. What series of events led you to seeing 5 of the 6 star wars movies?

I've seen the original trilogy countless times. I've seen the prequel trilogy a couple of times. Its hard to finger just one cause for their ungoodness but I would say the casting of Anakin Skywalker does it for me. Both Jake Lloyd and Hayden Christiansen were terrible.

The amount of screen time the relationship between Skywalker and Amidala is a close second with Jar Jar not far behind.

i wish i had only seen 5. AOTC is a fucking horrible horrible movie.

I've seen episodes 4 &5 about 20 or 25 times each. I saw Star Wars in the theater a few times when it first came out and I was 8 years old. You fucking millennials have no idea how big that movie was.

also, when it made it to cable a few years later, it was literally on 4x/day on each of HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, and the Movie Channel. That was where I watched Ep 4 a billion times.

I don't understand the people that have seen 5. What series of events led you to seeing 5 of the 6 star wars movies?

I've seen the original trilogy countless times. I've seen the prequel trilogy a couple of times. Its hard to finger just one cause for their ungoodness but I would say the casting of Anakin Skywalker does it for me. Both Jake Lloyd and Hayden Christiansen were terrible.

The amount of screen time the relationship between Skywalker and Amidala is a close second with Jar Jar not far behind.

I saw 4-6, then 1-2, and got annoyed. Probably need to watch 3 just to finish it out.

I remember liking II a million times more than I when I first saw it, but once III came out I realized how godawful II is. and now I realize III is pretty awful, too.

also, when it made it to cable a few years later, it was literally on 4x/day on each of HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, and the Movie Channel. That was where I watched Ep 4 a billion times.

I saw 4-6, then 1-2, and got annoyed. Probably need to watch 3 just to finish it out.

all three prequels are ungood, but 3 is the best of them.

So glad that Lucas is not going to be messing this up any more.

Have seen them all, but probably haven't seen any of them other than IV ANH more than twice.

1 - Not as bad as it's made out to be. It's more irrelevant than terrible. The podracing and Darth Maul are cool.
2 - Awful. Its reputation is deserved.
3 - Best of the prequel trilogy. Seeing all the loose ends come together and complete the story leading up to IV is very satisfying, even if we have to endure Hayden Christiansen.
4 - The best of the series.
5-6 - Somewhat overrated imo. There are obviously great parts, but these should be judged more harshly. I know most will disagree, especially with ESB.

I watched ANH (new version with CGI) last night after I bought the digital pack or whatever it's called. In the beginning when Obi-Wan and Luke first meet, they discuss the Clone Wars. Were these lines in the theatrical version or added after to fit with the Clone War storyline?

Back